Clan Infinity: Celebrating 10th Reincarnation!

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Spike

Spike Supernova

2. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Everyone should :D I listen to a lot of stuff different stuff but I don't post them
    Although I love Zappa, I use Zappa-posting as a meme of mine
    Here's a techno throat singing song for example, you might like it:

Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  3. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I think I saw one of them :D Was pretty bloody tho
    NOW WE'RE TALKING

4. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Finally someone said it aloud. :catface:
    Also, music time:

5. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

THEN COME AS CLOSE AS YOU LIKE
    yeah that was a great moment :DD

6. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I think I prefer Battotai earrape than this. :rofl:

7. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Battotai earrape is just to good :rofl: I always have to lower the volume tho that's sad/COLOR]
    Also a Battotai cover:

Jimlad 42, donleong94 and Saal like this.
  8. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Don't get me wrong, I think both are bad. :rofl:
    the cover is okay though

9. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

d'arby good.jpg

Jimlad 42, donleong94 and Saal like this.
  10. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

11. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

12. Spike

Spike Supernova

13. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

So, does anyone know why College is more than willing to give a detailed list of exactly what they want from a given essay/assignment, yet University is basically "do this thing, you can contact us for help." and when you do contact them they're all "everything you need is in the assignment brief". Like... Jesus fuck, this is honestly getting to me. Maybe if you didn't have your assignments be so fucking vague they come down to "1500 words on game design part [x]". Like, alright. But, what are you looking for, exactly? I can do the history of that, but nooo, that's not what you wanted. Or maybe that one assignment you told us to be creative on a fake marketing plan, and then proceeded to criticise us for not using the things a bunch of broke uni students would have to market this game. Shit dude, I dunno, maybe being creative like that takes money? Tell us all "Oh look this multi-billion company did this, and that one did this, do something similar", and then when we do you literally criticize us for doing what you fucking told us to do.

Or maybe this current assignment which is just freeform enough I don't actually understand what the constraints on the freeformity of it are, nor what would pass or not. And when I email you about this, you proceed to reshape my idea, and then when we proceed to book a tutorial to talk about this, you proceed to change the idea again, so now I don't actually fucking know what I'm suppose to be doing with this. And that's not even the worst fucking assignment this year.

/rant
    Seriously, fuck university. I have issues if you give me nebulous shit, and so when I finally send an email or two to ask questions after two years of not doing so, it either doesn't improve or gets worse.
    I know people are always "oh you've only got this year left" well shit sure, but I'm starting to wonder if this last year is actually worth the sheer stress I'm gonna get from it. The piece of paper certainly isn't going to be worth it.

Don't read that if you don't want to deal with a bunch of negativity, btw.

14. Spike

Spike Supernova

I think you have a poor professor. I am a bio major and every essay assignment have a well structured format which they spent a whole semester worth of a class teaching it to us in UC Irvine. They really should have taught you the format they want; I hope you can get a better professor next time.

15. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

Maybe so, but every assignment is hard to understand for me. It might be due to ADHD/Aspergers/Dyspraxia or something, or the review processes, but it doesn't seem to matter which professor they come from. Due to said ADHD/Aspergers/Dyspraxia, It's pretty much a requirement for any good work that I 100% understand and have clear goals/etc on what you want from me. If that's not there, then I'll give in mediocre work. Either way, whatever I do this assignment is going to be shit, and talking to the tutor is not something I'm willing to do.

16. Spike

Spike Supernova

You may want to look up how to format your essays online. There are specific websites that tells you how to format your paragraphs so you can include everything your professor wants from your essay.

17. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

pretty sure that's the problem - not knowing what they want from the essay.

18. Spike

Spike Supernova

well if they have a rubric that's something to start with. At least with a rubric, you can figure out what they want and make sure to maximize your point gain.

19. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

As a person with no experience in game development I am happy to say that I managed to make a skull rectangle jump on blue rectangles and shoot red rectangles.

20. Spike

Spike Supernova

We need to play it.

Jimlad 42, Argthrond and donleong94 like this.