1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Chucklefish Logo Crash Fix Hypothesis

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TimothyHD, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimothyHD

TimothyHD Tentacle Wrangler

Hi guys, I have a hypothesis that the Chucklefish logo crash is being caused by the root key, any root files, or maybe graphical issues. In almost all of the logs I've read (about 99% of them) all crash/freeze when the game tries to start a root file. In some other logs, there'a a warning about the screen resolution being too high, or something and the game attempts to recreate the window. Either the game crashes there, or it crashes at the execution of the root file, whichever one it may be. My final hypothesis is that the root key inside of the default_coniguration.config file (I think that's the file, I will make an edit if it's not, and one of you will probably post it in a reply). In some other logs I read, it had a warning about an asset being slow, the default_configuration.config file being said asset. Also, the root key is in there, and maybe the root key needs to be edited somehow? Or maybe the game needs to access it in a different manner? I can't really say, mostly because my computer knowledge is somewhat limited (I know a lot about computers for people my age, at the age of 14) compared to say, a college graduate with a degree in code and and computer science. But anyway, feel free to have a calm conversation down below. And if you guys can add your logs in the reply as well, that would be swell. ;)

LoSt Banshees likes this.
  2. LoSt Banshees

LoSt Banshees Tentacle Wrangler

Nice hypothesis man!

3. LoSt Banshees

Sad thing about it is Im getting VirtualBox just so I can play this :(

4. TimothyHD

TimothyHD Tentacle Wrangler

Hmmm, that might be the solution to a temporary fix, but you would need a beast computer, figuring that VirtualBox takes up quite a few resources, and the game is in beta.

5. LoSt Banshees

Its worth a try but my computer is kinda beast and prob would lag really bad with this on it too

Plus ive never been past there system check or never seen it before so and it said it highy didnt recommend I didnt do to unless it was checked. :wut:

6. LoSt Banshees

Oh yeah and heres something I found in the files of Starbound. :D

Attached Files:

• cat.png
      cat.png
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.