1. If you need help with your pre-order or technical support for Starbound, please use the support forum instead. Do not post Starbound-related things here.

Chucklefish Forums Two-Factor Auth doesn't work...

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by thakyZ, Dec 17, 2015.

1. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know exactly where to post this topic, but when I found out about two-factor authentication I tried to set it up on my Authy app and I cannot seem to confirm the code to finish setting up Authy for Chucklefish forums. This might be a problem with Authy but it also might be a problem with how the two-factor is set up on here. So is this a problem with Authy or the forums?

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

3. This is weird! I've had someone else bring this up with me as well, but setting up the two-factor auth with Authy worked perfectly for me.
    I'll take a look at it myself and ask other people around the office. I'm not sure what could be the issue, as it's not an add-on, it's a feature that was added when we updated to the latest version of Xenforo.

4. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

I just used my email, and I haven't had any issues with it. I'd suggest using that until you can get Authy working :)

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well I tried it also - it does not seem to work.
    If it does not work for any other user - I am guessing it is a desync issue with the board and authy.

If it doesnt work for only a few sporadic people - then I have no idea.
    I know on occasions the authenticator might desync from primary servers. It happened to me a few times with the B.Net authenticator.
    But B.Net version has a resync option to fix that.

One of the best capable hands is @Ordona to solve this mystery.

6. The only thing I found was that our server's time might be out of sync, but I'm not able to fix that.

7. Entara Darkwind

Entara Darkwind Yeah, You!

I'm having the same issue myself. In addition, the email for the two-factor auth isn't working, as I didn't get the email.

Edit: Server forum time appears to be three minutes off from my cell phone's time and my computer's time. Both are synced with a time server.

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

This is a new issue with two-factor authentication caused by the recent maintenance. We'll be looking into it.