Modding Help Chose Default ship, Can't edit it after the fact

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Steelstallion, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Steelstallion

Steelstallion Space Hobo

Hello. I'm super sorry if this has been posted and solved countless times before, but I've been searching for hours online and cant find a solution on here or anywhere else. So here I am.

My problem: I chose default ship at the start of the game. I, now, want to rebuild my ship for more space.
    My Question: Is there some kind of setting or code I can edit to make this possible now or am I just screwed for this playthrough?
    I have the Fracking Universe mod.

Again, sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find any threads like it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Ah you want the BYOS option. Unfortunately the FU BYOS option is lost to that character. It exists by over-writing tier 0 of the ship and keeping you there. You got "upgraded" to tier 1 the moment you chose the default ship and your upgrade level is stored in your character data. Even if you deleted your .shipworld file (which means also loosing everything in your ship) to reset your ship, starbound will generate new but also upgrade you to the level you had last time. So you can't go back to that.

Now your ship will increase in size as you upgrade it, but assuming that isn't enough for you then you could install an external BYOS mod of some sort (there are several). Something like Uros IV or my Shipyard Rebuilt are also options to gain all the space you could want. With any ship mod, delete your existing .shipworld file (from \starbound\storage\player\ ) after installing them to make Starbound generate a new ship for you. And of course take off everything you want to keep - put in on a planet (even a temporary base will do).

3. Steelstallion

Steelstallion Space Hobo

Thank you for the response. Though sad news I'm glad I can stop looking for an answer. Another question though. So youre saying that I can still get the ship upgrade missions through the Penguin, or are those closed off too?

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You can do upgrades by either recruiting crew (every 2 crew gets you an upgrade license) or the illegal upgrades (from the penguin). Or if you want to cheat it
    Code:
    /admin
    /spawnitem shipT8
    /admin
    Using that item will fully upgrade you. And again you can technically do BYOS, but not FU-BYOS. You'd just need to add another BYOS mod, and you'd delete your .shipworld file (or upgrade with the mod active).

5. Vergil Steele

Vergil Steele Void-Bound Voyager

any way i can edit into that character data?