choose your way in Starbound,add the possibility to become the villain

Discussion in 'Other' started by soulsword3, Jun 10, 2017.

?

Would you like to have the option to become the villain?

1. i would like to have the possibility

100.0%
  2. no,i wouldn't

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. soulsword3

soulsword3 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know why,but Starbound gives you a one sided story,but i want be part of the other side,i want to be THE VILLAIN,travel the universe conquering it and making people fear me and my crew,be a true SPACE PIRATE,this would be awesome,make the pirates of the Caribbean IN SPACE!THAT WOULD BE PERFECT!

And even then,the game could have a reward hunter system were you can hunt down the enemies of the universe,that would be perfect for both single player(in story and gameplay aspects)and multi player(being able to rival players and put a reward to them)

Ygrek likes this.
  2. GrandRiser

GrandRiser Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I got what you meant, like Skyr1m, you can choose to be Imperial or Stormcloaks, but the main story stays the same.
    Most games offer the same ending/main storylines to deliver what the developers wanted to actually deliver.
    Some are different, like AV4TAR the game, you can be native alien or human conquerors. Both has very different storyline.

Well, aside from that, you can "pretend/roleplay" to be villain. You can come to every planet, destroy/cultivate its planet, destroy the inhabitants, etc.

Your idea is good. I like it, more variety.

For the reward system its good, its like bounty hunter. Hunt down "Mister X" in planet Y, kill him and get rewards.

Ygrek likes this.
  3. soulsword3

well yeah,you could play it,but yet,there is no impact,you can't have the pleasure to actually be hunt down and have an extra danger after the whole story is finished,nobody would care,roleplaying that would be basically the same as the "thunder society" from Sonic Boom,they think that they are dangerous but nobody takes them seriously,and they aren't dangerous at all,and stop to think about it,you don't have an replay factor in Starbound,at least,you don't have a strong one,like a commander gives you a mission and you have to do it,no,every mission after is around one planet,you go to planet A,in Planet A there is peaceful place A and Dangerous place A,you get a mission in peaceful place A,you go to Dangerous place A and come back to Peaceful place,most of the time it is a scort mission,but sometimes you get to hunt down some people,but still,it isn't strong,it isn't everything that the game could offer,maybe the game could have some interplanetary missions coming from one place,and you have to collect resources and get a reward,you know,things that would make missions more variable and complex and adding more gameplay time to the game,and also,encouraging you to explore more after the game's main story is finished(also have you gone to an underwater planet for those missions?geez,these sucks,most of the time you have to stay under water so using that balls that makes you hover through water is completely useless,and you are a thousand times more slower so everything becomes sluggish,and even then,when you have to enter, these abandoned places,everything becomes so much claustrophobic,these are probably the worst part of the game)

4. GrandRiser

GrandRiser Void-Bound Voyager

I remembered a game, (i dont know if its okay to talk another game here) F4llout, im sure you heard. Your decisions on something could impact who's gonna be your enemy, especially FO 3, NV and 4. Developer may want to take a look at it.

Ygrek and soulsword3 like this.
  5. soulsword3

yeah,I've heard 'bout it but never had any contact with the game,perhaps i'll look for a gameplay somewhere in YouTube

Ygrek likes this.
  6. Ygrek

Ygrek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think that everyone wants sometime to be a Bobba Fett of Starbound. :) It's a great idea! There could be added something like a 'villian progress' and as you would make more of your 'hard work' there would appear event from time to time : Protectorate's or some organisation's soldiers are hunting you, as more progres as more soldiers would come up and they would be more difficult, the frequency of event would be also progressed, even to the point that you would be hunted on 9/10 planets you would travel to. :D

soulsword3 likes this.