1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Chocobo Mounts 1.05

KWEH! Adds rideable Chocobos and more!

1. Just wanted to apologize for the lack of news over the past month regarding this mod. I'm currently taking summer classes atm to catch up and it's really taking a toll on my free time which goes toward this. Rest assured, you shall be able to ride your fluffy bird mounts once again soon! I will report more progress here when I can! Thank you all for your patience.

Axe Garian, Crystan and Mackinz like this.
  2. UniversingFox

UniversingFox Yeah, You!

3. Mouseizure

Mouseizure Void-Bound Voyager

So when are we getting an update, bro?

4. Should be soon. The latest update broke a few things with the Chocobo techs for the mod, so we're in the process of fixing that.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Mouseizure

Mouseizure Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, thanks

6. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

Still down.. :-/

7. johnp1238

johnp1238 Void-Bound Voyager

how does one spawn a chocobo seller

8. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

The mod is not compatible with the current version. Thats why its in the outdated category. ;)

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Preacher

Still developing :eek:?

10. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Not sure, Preacher... not holding breath at this point...

11. Preacher

You tried to add / develop even more stuff like babys if I remember correctly and now its just dead again..

12. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

There's a fair amount of coding, scripting, and editing that has to be done for a Mod of this size and nature to be fully compatible with 1.0. Also, keep in mind, that the Mods have to be put into new type of file now. On top of that, they need to port it to the Steam Workshop for Starbound so that when it IS finally ready for download, the average person doesn't have to jump through a whole lot of hoops in order to get it to function.

Please keep in mind folks, that unless the Author blatantly states that they have abandoned the project, then it is STILL BEING WORKED ON. Also, try to recall the gaps between the versions of this mod. As Starbound continued to change and evolve, the amount of work put into this ALSO had to change and evolve. As such, the team/author behind this has probably been modifying things gradually over time with each expansion just to make sure certain things would even function at all anymore.

If you need proof of such, just check out the Viera race mod, and Pony race mods. They flat out stopped releasing updated versions, mainly because it was extremely hard to redo all of that hard work after the continual updates. Come on, even the original Creative Mode finally wiped their hands of it and allowed others to adopt it, in order for it to survive. It's just that much work.

TL;DR.... dinner will be ready when it's ready. Stop opening the oven to check on the progress so often and actually let the meal cook. The chef will call y'all when it's time to eat!

Axe Garian, Dragonith and Crystan like this.
  13. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Mod is on hold but not abandoned. We're not machines, we have life and other stuff todo. ;) Neither Drago or I had even the chance to play the release version of Starbound yet. I had some time to work on my MMX techs but got busy with other stuff again. And as long as the MMX mod isn't ported I don't really want to start working on the chocobo tech. MAYBE I'll take a look at the chocobo mount this weekend (I wouldn't set my hopes to high that I actually take a look), since it will most likely require less work than fixing the MMX mod.

I know its really annoying to see one of your favourite mods not to be updated for a long time but allmost everything I do in my free time is to work on my own game. So I'm coding a lot and you have to understand that my motivation isn't exactly high to spent the rest of my free time with more coding. I really wish I had more time to work on both Starbound mods but it's not in my time budget right now, sorry.

We also had some plans for the chocobo mod that got delayed to the point where we weren't able to finish the update in time. A new SB update got released, broke the techs again and then we decided to wait until SB is released.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  14. Couldn't have said it better myself. Yeah, we had some huge plans to bring the mod back from inactivity a year ago, but due to some time constraints and Chucklefish breaking the code again with an update, it was honestly better to wait until the game's full release when everything was stable again. It was demotivating to say the least. Though, I should've clarified this change in plans earlier and I apologize for leaving you all in the dark about it.

Rest assured, the mod isn't dead. We should have it back up and running once we have the time for it since 1.0's officially out. Hang on to your Phoenix Downs, folks.~
    PREVIEW.png

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  15. Preacher

Well, glad to hear that. Ofc it takes some time, but 1 year.. guess the SB updates fucked it up. Can just hope for a release at some point now with the official release :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Better for it to be done right then fast. Take all the time ya need. No need to act like it's a Chocobo Race. :D

Many thanks for all your epic hard work at this Mod Dragonith & Crystan. Long live Chocobos! :love:

sigint and Crystan like this.
  17. limitdistortion

limitdistortion Phantasmal Quasar

Please make this compatible with 1.0 Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    :lickitung::sarcasm:

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Don't mean to tease you guys but I'm doing it anyway:
    [​IMG]

NO ETA

19. limitdistortion

limitdistortion Phantasmal Quasar

:poke:Noice.

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

This also counts as confirmation that the Mod is still in Active Development, so i'll take it! :DD