REQUEST CHINESE-CRESTED as a horse? I drew a HEAD (willing to donate $ anyone to make this for me)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Apr 2, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Hi there,

As much as I have ability and means to do this, I really don't have the time and my chronic conditions keeps me from being in the weird position for a long time. Which sucks, because I have to go in order to continue to make this (I don't have a desk /my TV is my monitor and I'm using my computer from my bed. I already have gotten like some really bad wrist pains from doing furniture re-edits that it hurts to take notes at school. I'm more than likely going to get a laptop for school purposes but that's not for awhile as its pretty expensive and i got this computer last july)

I really think Chinese Cresteds (like my avatar pic) are super cute horsey looking dogs and I really want to ride one in-game. So far I've drawn the head in a sprite and it's attached here as a .png:

chinese crested head.png (if you can make it cuter than this, please do, I kinda like the hairy ears cresteds have.)

What I really want my horsey dog is being able to war some of the "kawaii hats" mod hat set item (I have the .png unpacked, and want it to be easy to change between different cute bows. I like the hairless versions, where their hair is only near their legs and tails and heads but also powderpuff (hair covered) version.

Idealistically, by style and be similar somewhat to how Dawn made my dog Mango. She is busy too so, I figured I asked here and not overload her with a third request.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...lternative-dog-sprites-update-6-mango.109948/

I don't really have a lot of money as I'm a full-time student, unemployed, but I really respect people who go out of their way to help others specifically and I can donate something small like 5 USD or something like editing papers or such or drawing logos or whatever
    -- I've gotten an associate in journalism and getting another in social and behavioral sciences at the end of may. Then transferring over to Sonoma State University and continuing onto communication studies with a double in history (hopefully a concentration in modern u.s. or Asian history)

Vixxi likes this.
    • taintedwheat

Also, I would like to add is that I would like the dog sitting/doing dog things instead of eating the grass when it it is idle. Sleeping like a dog would be even ok.

• taintedwheat

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love to help you out here if I could but my artistic ability sadly does not lie in art. So I would like to suggest that you try asking a few modders directly on their thread pages over in the WIP/Released Mods Pets/Horses secton. I am at work right now so I cannot go looking for all the great pet and horse modders on here (and there are a lot of them!) but Zhuria readily comes to mind. Zhuria gets a lot of requests and is really good about replying to most, if not all, of them. She specializes in horses but also does farm and pet animals. I can not promise that she'll do this mod for you. I cannot speak for her and she looks to be very busy with all the requests she gets. But it never hurts to ask. I have found that a lot of modders on here tend to be very accommodating.

Another modder than comes to mind is WildSpirits. Like Zhuria, WildSpirits is also great at replying to requests but is also busy as a result. She also specializes in a variety of animals. Again, I cannot promise that she can make this mod for you, but asking doesn't hurt.

Lastly, another modder that I can think of is Beroin who specializes in dogs. I do not know if they can do horses but they do listen to requests and look to be rather busy as a result. Maybe they wouldn't mind trying to do a horse for you or taking a stab at doing a dog sprite.

These are just three of the many talented modders here. Too many to list so leaving people out is definitely not to be taken as an insult or a slight. I hope that someone replies to this post and helps you out, but if no one does, then check out the Pets/Horses section and try asking around on some of the threads there.

I apologize for not being able to be of more help but I hope this helps at least a little. Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
          taintedwheat likes this.
        • taintedwheat

Hey! Don't worry about it! Thanks for your input, I honestly do appreciate it.

Haha, no one wants to be the only contributor in their thread xD

I would be able to do this on my own if photoshop or aseprite had legit streamlined programs for android, but they dont x.x; the closest I am to my computer is still like a yard away and wrist postion is awful

Ywah, I have been lurking around there checking out posts. It looks like a lot of people have their hands full, so I will probably keep checking the subforum every few hours or days or so.

endermaryn likes this.
          • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I would love to try my hand at this. I'm currently working on a tiger mount for someone, but I'm a bit stuck and could use another project to work on while I give myself a break from it (stripes are hard on that scale D: ).

So do you want the Chinese Crested as a rideable mount? or as a dog replacement?

I have a thinner and longer built wolf mod which I could modify but use somewhat as a base, considering the Chinese crested does look very lithe like to me.

taintedwheat likes this.
            • taintedwheat

Yep yep! A ridable mount n.n

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Alright :) It may take a while, but I promise I will be working on it.
                Any color scheme you're looking for?

I also warn that due to the thinner frame, the dog may look a little small on the farmer. I usually do more realistic styles, but I could try my hand at a more cartoon and thicker one. I'll be sure to look at Mango's dog's look when I start.

• taintedwheat

Dude don't worry about it. I understand! Real life can be a pain sometimes, or just does not allow for anything besides whats currently in your face.

Not particularly, hah, I find all Cresteds to be really cute. Wahhh, theyre underrated dogs hahah

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Just to keep you updated on my progress, I've got down the very basic animations for the dog running from the side and I tried to add the fluff to see how it would look. So yeah, I am working on it, just slowly xD

taintedwheat likes this.
                    • taintedwheat

Aww no worries, the fact youre even doing this is totes amazing n.n

Thank you!