REQUEST Children not in onesies?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SquashMongler, Apr 5, 2016.

1. SquashMongler

SquashMongler Void-Bound Voyager

As much as I love the little babies in the game, I would love them so much more if they weren't stuck in perma-onesies. Little toddler outfits that show personality? Or some form of them not still being two. :T

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I want my babies to wear Apple Bottom jeans, boots with the fur...

Just kidding, but I agree something cute or break in color instead of just the bland solid color.

• leggomeggo

leggomeggo Void-Bound Voyager

Working on this now, will post here when I'm finished :)

SquashMongler and atomicbee like this.
        • leggomeggo

Okay, the males definitely look better than the females lol. Please let me know if there are any pixels out of places/colors that need to be changed/ways to make it look better/etc. Criticism on the girls' legs are greatly appreciated, they turned out kind of weird in some places.

Changes from the original:
          I put the girls in a skirt, shortened the sleeves, and removed onesie buttons.
          Shoes for both genders.
          Male shirts are red with shorter sleeves and are in jeans.

I didn't mess with their hair or skin tone. Sorry for the non-game images, I don't have a kid in game yet, so I appreciate anyone that can test out the look of them in game :)

Male:
          [​IMG] [​IMG]
          Female:
          [​IMG] [​IMG]

Download here, they're all in a zip file.
          Edit for anyone that doesn't know: Files go in Stardew Valley\Content\Characters. Remember to make a backup of your files and save game!

SquashMongler and taintedwheat like this.
          • SquashMongler

@leggomeggo
            My god! These are great! And done so quickly too!

My critique:
            The pink on the girls is rather bright. Probably going a more pale pink would be a color to go with in it's stead.

The boy is great color wise. Would be cute if the red shirt was striped with white or black. <3 Little more dimension?
            Possibly on the darker skinned children, black hair/a bit darker hair would be better appearance-wise.

Shoes are perfect! Legs do look a little weird on the little girl, but not too much so it looks off.

But overall, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you so very much! (and I love your icon btw.)

• leggomeggo

Thank you!

Okay, I'll have to edit a bit later, we're entertaining house guests right now but glad you like it! I was planning on doing a few flavors anyway, so I can do a few different colors for Tshirts and such.

I'm not quite sure how to make the girls' legs look better, would it better to just add pants? Or is it just a minor eyesore? Lol

And yes, I was thinking of making the hair darker anyway so will definitely do that :).

And thank you about the icon, he's pretty awesome!

taintedwheat likes this.
              • SquashMongler

That's totally okay! Thank you regardless! : D And I'm glad I was near the mental ballpark.

I think making it not flare out so much with the extra pixel would help a little? The legs are fine, and it's really not as bad as you think. It really is just a minor thing.