Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

I can change my look anytime I want!! Woohooo! Thank you!!

• stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes thats exactly the right order!

Does it show an error while saving?
      If it does, are you running the game with any mods installed?

• stefanhaan

Short update on the progress!

I finished the rewriting of Chicklet, it now supports ES6 and some of it's external libraries were updated to the latest version.
        This allowed me to work a bit further on the Map Editor, and it should allow way more cool functions! I've also rewrote the Map Editor
        to properly render the sprite depth and I added rendering of Building doors open/closed.

In my save file, both doors of the Coop & Farm were open. The small rendering issue with the bush top right at the beehives is solved.
        [​IMG]

KimberlyMarno and Zelnite like this.
        • thickbudderstick

thickbudderstick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will we be able to place anything and remove anything on the farm? i didn't chose the right places during my early days of playing ;-;

• stefanhaan

Yes :D

• stefanhaan

In case you experience Chicklet crashing immediately on startup.
              I will make a pretty safe bet you downloaded the 64bit version and are running a non English version of Windows.
              In this case try to download the 32bit variant from one of the forum posts, not through the "Download now" button on the mods page. (This one will always contain the 64bit version).

This solved the issue for some people.

KimberlyMarno likes this.
              • thickbudderstick

thickbudderstick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks!

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, love the GUI. So smooth.
                  I'm on 1.9.2 but I can't check "Has greenhouse" (disabled). Also I don't see Map Editor.

What is daily luck (what is normal max)?

Thanks!

• stefanhaan

Greenhouse and Map editor will be added on the next major update I've about finished the rendering of the map, so I can start on moving buildings and deleting.

The game uses - 0.12 to 0.12 as a minimum and maximum, I wouldn't suggest going over these as it breaks stuff in the game.

The next update will limit the daily luck to that range as well.

senlim likes this.
                    • stefanhaan

Slowly but surely getting there! Tomorrow is my last day at work for this week, took Friday off to have a bit more time to work on it.

The grass rendering is a bit off, but I'll prolly simplify it even a bit more. No need to render that the exact same.
                      [​IMG]
                      [​IMG]

• aschelife

aschelife Tentacle Wrangler

thanks, this save editor very useful, thanks stefanhaan,
                        may the map editor can be finish soon :D

• stefanhaan

Small update!
                          The moving of buildings is done, all I have to do is test it.

I've added crops rendering, including the decorative flowers you can grow as a crop (They use sprite tinting to change the color of it ;_;)
                          As well as giant crops.

I will probably finish up the removing of objects on the map, and then test the editor and push out an early release. Drawing on the map will then be released in a subsequent update.
                          [​IMG]

• xcallum

xcallum Space Hobo

Looking forward to the update, hopefully it works for Mac. :D

• stefanhaan

It works for Mac, and it will always work for Mac! Especially since this is also developed on a Mac :p

xcallum likes this.
                              • dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, I'm having problems with mine. Mine goes to save, but never finishes.

• Graceful Newt

Graceful Newt Space Hobo

I'm having trouble with the download links, after downloading the .zip there appear to be no files or folders within the zip, however for vers. 1.8.7 I can see the folders. Running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Edit: NEAT there's an updater built in! Super awesome and props to you stefanhan.

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm excited for this awesome tool. Awaiting map editor. Thanks!

• Stiven999

Stiven999 Void-Bound Voyager

+ 1 to waiting for map editor
                                      i just love to see some feathures if possible as spawner
                                      i mean palms from desert or monsters for fun purposes :D

• stefanhaan

The first version will probably only support moving of objects on the map, as well as deleting things from the map.
                                        Adding things is a lot of work, as I have to define the addable items myself. Not everything that can be added can be loaded from a file unfortunately.

So far though:

Moveable objects on the map:
                                        • Buildings
                                        • Objects (Twigs, rocks, small craftables, big craftables, fences (basically anything that fits in 1 tile))
                                        • Small / Large tree's
                                        • Floorings, hoeDirt that has a crop is moved with the crop and the hoeDirt together.
                                        • ResourceClumps (These are the large wooden treestumps, and large rocks. The ones that need a certain tool upgrade level to break).
                                        • GiantCrops
                                        • FruitTree's
                                        On a sidenote, LargeTerrainFeatures cannot be moved.. They're ffin hardcoded into the game o_O

Objects that still need to be rendered:
                                        • Meteorite's?
                                        Slight issue's (Shouldnt be too big of an issue, and are likely not to be fixed soon):
                                        • GiantCrop's, collision check isn't fully functional. (It can be placed on hoeDirt that already has a crop for instance)
                                        • Tappers that are placed on tree's can be moved off of them, but they cannot be placed on them :(.

And everything needs to be made deleteable, but this is a rather trivial task compared to moving / adding. Deleting is the easy part :p
                                        And then there's still some entities that can appear on your map like Quartz or Stalagmites (Through cheating), they're not yet implemented.
                                        So far I'm not aware of that those 2 can appear legitly on your farm, but they should be possible if added manually ^^.

The only real thing missing is the meteorite so far.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
                                        • Stiven999

Stiven999 Void-Bound Voyager

thanks for heads up :D
                                          yee im aware it takes time to add things
                                          but there is alvays room for improvements in future so just saying :D