Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Sherlock.

Sherlock. Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The following error occurred: api_response_not_valid.
    chicklet 2.1.4 :(
    win10

• stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Version 2.1.4 is permanently broken, I'm working on v3. Only thing I've got left for an initial release is implementing the change of the house upgrade level and implementing an auto-updater (which is more reliable then the one that 2.1.4 used).

LadyEleven, Sashalein and princessiap like this.
      • senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome. Waiting for v3.

Sashalein likes this.
        • Mistiel

Mistiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any updates on this? Just wondering! Is there a mod/program similar to use in the meantime?

• curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I currently use SV Save Editor.. just don't forget to backup your save (the app can do that for you).

• skylahrose

skylahrose Void-Bound Voyager

hope v3 comes out soon!

seems no other save editor I find online is mac compatible :rolleyes:

• Phex

Phex Void-Bound Voyager

I was using this program just fine, then i went to use it again, and now i'm getting this " oops! error missing element text " and also when i start up the program i'am getting the " api_response_not_valid " anyone have any solutions? Thanks, and thanks for such a great program.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
                • stefanhaan

It will be harder to provide a mac compatible variant, at the moment I do not have my iMac anymore which I previously used to target Mac deploys.

• Mistiel

Mistiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can still use the editor, you just won't be able to use the map part of it, where you can move/delete stuff from your farm/farmhouse/greenhouse. I've been using it just fine despite the error when I start it up, I just don't use the map part.

• nnt2002

nnt2002 Void-Bound Voyager

i still using version 2.0.0 but i want to update to 2.1.4. But i don't know how to update? Can you help me?

• LadyEleven

LadyEleven Void-Bound Voyager

Just want to say I'm so glad to hear you're working on this again! One of the best save editors I've used for any game, period, let alone Stardew Valley. Even in its current out of date form it's useful for some specific things I couldn't get other editors to do.

• earngx

earngx Space Hobo

is v3 available now? :(

• stefanhaan

I never managed to finish it... I got burned out a bit on it. If there's still enough interest in Chicklet I'll pick it up again but this time I will open source it for other people to help/participate as well if they would like.

• Dracko_rithermort

Dracko_rithermort Void-Bound Voyager

Yes Please.

• LadyEleven

LadyEleven Void-Bound Voyager

This is me expressing my interest! But I don't want you to do something you're not into doing, so I also appreciate you making it open-source so others can assist. You built such a nice foundation with this tool, I hate seeing it basically go to waste just because the game updated beyond it. I'd offer to help if I could but I know nothing about coding and would be useless.

• stefanhaan

I want to do it don't get me wrong! Was a combination of that at the time the game wasn't getting any updates anymore that I just dropped the game. I'm now continuing it while making it publicly available as well

LadyEleven likes this.
                                  • stefanhaan

As I said earlier I would make it public, so here it is public https://github.com/stefanhaan/SDV-Chicklet. A few more stories to finish before it is ready for an initial release but then after that adding editing of the other stuff should go a lot faster

Nunah, Koutetsu and LadyEleven like this.
                                    • TheStryyker

TheStryyker Space Hobo

@stefanhaan Is the project dead? I really would love to use this I really hope it gets revived :(

• LucyMax

LucyMax Space Hobo

I can't save the file. Its looping on the saving screen.
                                        I tried changing the money, tried nothing on second try
                                        but still nothing.

• Aeri_

Aeri_ Void-Bound Voyager

Opening the file results in "An error occurred, API_Response_not_valid"

Also the map doesn't work.