RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, anything at all can be moved on the map, buildings, trees, rocks, floorings, fences, craftables etc. The only thing that cannot be moved is the crop separately located on hoedirt. (instead the crop & hoedirt are moved together).

Hafizfitrah and Nurio like this.
    • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

You are a saint, my good sir. A saint.

Might I make a suggestion for another feature? Maybe make it possible to edit professions? I read that this should be possible through save-file editing. They said that you could even add all professions simultaneously instead of having to pick one of two
      Of course, to complement that, the ability to edit skill levels and/or experience

• Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Awesome! I'm really excited, thank you for all your hard work, sir! :3

• stefanhaan

stefanhaan updated Chicklet - Save file editor with a new update entry:

Chicklet 2.0.0 - Map editor!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vith likes this.
          • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Wow! I already left a review on my thoughts to this, but I need to say it again. THANK YOU!

At first I was a bit confused how to 'scroll' your farm, but, using the 'WASD' on the keyboard is pretty intuitive. You worked really hard on this, and it definitely shows!

Now, I would like for you to not worry about this, but I do have some suggestions (if you don't mind hearing me out). You don't need to even consider them in the least, as the editor is very much functional already and it works very well. However, I would love to see an 'undo' and 'redo' function, as well as a separate move tool for objects (trees/buildings/decorations) and tiles (such as stone paths). I have a feeling the latter won't be possible, simply because CA probably grouped everything as one category (or not even in a group to begin with).

Once again, THANK YOU for all your hard work. I love it!

• stefanhaan

The latter would be possible, once the adding is in this would be one of the nice to haves possibly.

Vith likes this.
              • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Sounds wonderful, thank you for your consideration (I know it would be an insane amount of work so I don't expect it anyway). ^^

• stefanhaan

Doing it in a dirty way would mean it's not even that much work, the deleting & moving in a sense works that as you click by the order of the sprite rendering the object gets selected. For instance
                  you can't move flooring without first moving the thing above it.

I could add some kind of flag that changes the ordering, and it already should work.

Vith likes this.
                  • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

That would be great if you ever got around to it, thank you sir. :3

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there a way to edit what status the villagers have to you? I played the game a lot and put a lot of effort into my current game but I misunderstood and thought I'd have to give a bouquet to every of the young villagers to get to 10 hearts. Now I have a husband, 4 boyfriends and 5 girlfriends and it bugs me big time.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

You do have to give bachelorettes and bachelors a bouquet to get them up to 10 hearts. it's a known thing that bothers people, but whether CA changes it is up in the air.

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oooh. So I didn't do anything wrong but CA messed up a bit. I feel like I'm cheating on my husband having all these lovers, lol.
                          Thank you for telling me.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

No problem. Just pretend that they are hopelessly pining after you. Which is kind of the case, but even more hopelessly than they already are.

• Duckcat

Duckcat Void-Bound Voyager

Why is the erase tool so small now?

• have you fixed the problem with the windows 32-bit yet cause thats what im waiting for

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

There isn't much he can't fix. The zip files he uploaded aren't empty, so if they appear empty on your end, it's something on your end that's causing it.
                                  Didn't you already mention that it's "just my pc being shit as usual"? Unless you expect him to buy you a new PC, I don't think there's much he can do for you! :p

(Don't mind me, I'm just being facetious here)

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Note: Below comment is to inform the public, not a complaint directed at the mod or its creator.

For the record, this doesn't seem to work with anything that puts any of the character creation options on a non-vanilla number- the editor stalls forever while trying to save, my guess because it is trying and failing to locate the correct item? It could also be the visual mod made to the farmhouse exterior. Those are the ones I have it narrowed down to, at least, as it seemed to work with save files that had vanilla hairstyles.

That said, I may go through the list of mods I have installed and see if that is really the issue or if it is in fact one of the other mods that fact causing the issue, and the crashes on only non-vanilla hairstyles is just annodd coincidence.

Again, not a complaint about the mod or its creator, I'm just letting anyone that plans on using this mod and a character creation editing mod know that they may conflict.

• stefanhaan

Do you have a mod that adds character appearance options?

• stefanhaan

Sec, do you mean that the 64bit one is not running on your pc, and having to use the 32bit?

If this is the case, this will be extremely time consuming. As I would have to get a VM with a localized Windows in French and debug the framework used. I won't be doing this any time soon, as using the 32bit version instead "solves" the issue. ^^

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Yes- I am pretty sure that is the cause, so I don't blame you or the editor. I'm guessing that it basically freaks out trying to find a file that doesn't exist in it's subdirectory/files. Once I get up to 4 hearts with Rasmodius I can work around it by using his altar probably, but I'll just use a different way of save editing in the meantime, unless you have an idea for some other way I can work around it?