RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh now that you mention the black box, thats exactly what showed up when I clicked it, then it closed itself. I launched chicklet and poof, 1.9.2

• stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Normally that process should happen when chicklet closes after the download :p

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ah ha... something must have gone awry on my end in between those 2 steps then, glad everything is working then!

• Spazbane

Spazbane Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, it's a great looking editor. However, I'd like to note that for some reason, whenever you "save" (even if you didn't change anything), it will add <int>65</int> (demetrius offering cave options) to "eventsseen". I'm guessing it's something to do with the implementation of the cave edit function? Thus, when I used the editor on a new game, it prevented the demetrius event from occurring until I deleted the <int>65</int>. Dunno whether it's just me who's affected (using 1.9.2), but thought you might like to know anyway.

• stefanhaan

I'll check on that thanks! Yes it has to do with the cave choice, but the <int>65</int> should only be added whenever you actually make a choice.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Removing the plain watering can and adding an iridium watering can turns the iridium (or gold or steel or copper) watering can back into the stage 1 watering can.

Sorry for posting again, but I just wanted to make sure it was seen since I didn't get a confirmation or anything about it, please don't be mad.

Also, putting the weather to rainy does not make tilled plots wet.

MayaMayhem likes this.
              • Spazbane

Spazbane Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I can also attest to this. I only tried replacing the plain with a steel (twice), though, but didn't bother reporting it before since it didn't bug me that much, heh.

• stefanhaan

I can't get mad over a bug report don't worry ^^.

Yes I've noticed it, it's only taking a bit more time for me to fix it since I'm working on the map editor. It will be fixed along a few other small things.
                  I can look into the rain not wetting hoedirt, but I can't give guarantees that this can be fixed.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I understand if the rain not watering can't be fixed- I wouldn't be surprised if it can't be, actually. It seems like sprinklers and rain actually apply the "watered" status before the game saves. So if that can't be fixed, maybe a 'set next days weather' option?

No rush on either situation, I just wanted to make sure they were known.

• stefanhaan

There was an option for "Weather for tomorrow", I removed it however as it didn't affect the actual weather for tomorrow. It just affected the forecast that was shown on the TV :( If I happen to do find a way to set the weather for tomorrow I'll be sure to add it in ^^

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Okay. Good luck on getting the farm editing working. :3

• stefanhaan

Already close to working ;)
                          Buildings are almost moveable, and when they're moveable everything else will be moveable as well.

Vith likes this.
                          • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Sweet, thank you so much stefanhaan!

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I have a request, don't know if it's simple or not, but can you make a version without the map editor? I fear the map editor could cause problems with maps that aren't the vanilla one which actually did happen to me with the other save editor and I think using a different map was the problem.

Also, I noticed that adding things to your inventory through the editor won't add them to the collections tab. So say I add in the Dinosaur Egg, in my collections menu the Dinosaur Egg will remain grayed out

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
                              • stefanhaan

The map editor shouldn't cause issues when not being used, it won't autoload your farm. (as I am planning to be able to modify any ganeLocation).

So unless you specifically load a game location, and ignore a warning pop-up that the editor doesn't recognize something in the map and still save. You can't mess up by accident ^^

And in regards to the collections, that seems as a nice thing to add.

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Ah alright! I'm just a little paranoid after losing a 121 hour save.

• stefanhaan

I can imagine, in my development build the map editor automatically loads the farm. But in the release it needs some kind of user interaction before the map even gets loaded.
                                    So if you never load it, it will never touch the Farm gameLocation within your save. :)

And even if you would like to try it, make sure to load you're save with the "Create backup" checkbox checked on the load screen. Then if it goes wrong you have a backup!

• i think its just my pc being shit as usuall

• stefanhaan

Great news!

I just finished the last testing session on an update that added removal of basically anything on the map!
                                        And it all worked fine :3, so with this everything can be moved / deleted.

Some minor display issue's and a few other things. The main thing is though, the largeTerrainFeatures ( The bushes in the top right, and the 2 next
                                        to either side of the statue near the north exit) can be moved and deleted in Chicklet, however these are hardcoded in the map load code (Don't ask
                                        me why...) so doing anything to those has no effect in game, I will however keep it in in the hopes that CA just properly loads these from the save file.

So hopefully I can push out version 2.0.0 tomorrow after some minor UI work and cleaning up. After that I will continue on the adding of objects to the map.
                                        And after that I will add more gamelocations to edit :+ (House indoors, maybe inside's of coop etc, and possibly other game locations)

Hafizfitrah and Vith like this.
                                        • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Just to make sure I am reading this right... Does this mean we can move buildings on our farms? *looks in agony at his coop that has been misplaced by one tile*