RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In case you experience Chicklet crashing immediately on startup.
    I will make a pretty safe bet you downloaded the 64bit version and are running a non English version of Windows.
    In this case try to download the 32bit variant from one of the forum posts, not through the "Download now" button on the mods page. (This one will always contain the 64bit version).

This solved the issue for some people.

Raiyak likes this.
    • I CAN edit my relationships with npcs with this right? that's kinda the whole reason I want it :p well aside from the fact that all other save editors are absolute shit.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
      • yeah the folder that's supposed to have the editor for 32bit. theres nothing there

• azestymeatball

azestymeatball Orbital Explorer

Yes

• stefanhaan

Not yet! Super busy on the map editor, so skills and relations are planned after it!

• stefanhaan

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by this, could you elaborate?

• stefanhaan

If you're game did not crash described in a few posts above, it's probably because you're running mods that alter the save file.

Mod altered save files are not supported at the moment, I hope that in the future I can collaborate to make this happen.

• Sashalein

Sashalein Void-Bound Voyager

How long does it take to save the changes to your file? I have tried making slight changes and when I click save it just works and works away. I've left it "saving" for like 10 minutes, but not sure if there is an error happening or if it just takes a long time.

• stefanhaan

Normally it's within a moment, are you running any mods that alter your save file?

If you're not running any save altering mods could you provide me with your save file in DM or any other form?

• Sashalein

Sashalein Void-Bound Voyager

The only mods I'm running are replacements for the portraits, farmer girl, and shirt files. Does the affect the program? I can upload my file later.

• stefanhaan

Nah sounds like they just replace sprites used by the game, that shouldn't impact anything. If you can DM/link me your savefile I will take a look at it ^.^

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Was messing around with a spare save file trying to give it iridium tools to see how they act, and I noticed that- at the very least- the watering can in game is still the starter watering can even though the editor say that it is an iridium one.

• i mean when I open the zipped folder that appears in my downloads folder the zipped folder is completely empty theres absolutely nothing

• stefanhaan

That's rather strange o_O as far as I know I haven't uploaded any empty zipfiles, else I would have had more comments about it I think.
                              You happen to have a rather aggressive anti-virus or anything?

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ah excuse me, sorry to be such a bother but when I tried to update via the auto updater from 1.90 to 1.92, the download seemed to be going just fine, until chicklet closed itself. I figured it was normal behaviour, waited a couple minutes and launched chicklet again, however it kept telling me there was a new version, and it didnt seem to have made any new changes to the program itself, should I be wary and try again?

• stefanhaan

No problem!

Can you check if the following line is in the update.bat at /resources/app.asar.unpacked/:

If you don't want to redownload a new version you can open up the update.bat file in /resources/app.asar.unpacked/ and replace its contents with the line below:
                                  Code:
                                  TIMEOUT 3 && del "%~dp0..\app.asar" && ren "%~dp0..\update.asar" app.asar && "%~dp0..\..\Chicklet.exe"

This was an issue if you downloaded any pre 1.8.7 version, as the auto updater cannot fix this file.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Uhh.. while I was looking for the update.bat, I accidently clicked Update... and chicklet now shows up 1.9.2 ... I guess that fixed it? if not, im completely fine with redownloading the whole thing.

oh I forgot to mention, I downloaded 1.9.0 as my initial version.

• stefanhaan

Weird though.. Normally whenever chicklet updates it first downloads the new file, after it closes and inmediately a command prompt window should open (Just like when you double clicked the update.bat file). In case that did not open after Chicklet closed I feel it might be an issue with permissions possibly.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

permissions huh? I run as admin, so it never asked... everything seems to be running just fine thus far, but ill let you know if anything out of place shows up.

• stefanhaan

It should open up a black small window when it closes after downloading the update ^^ If not I would check if the contents of the update.bat are the same as above.
                                          You'll have another shot quite soon, as I'm making good progress with the map editor.