RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. KimberlyMarno

KimberlyMarno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to agree with the person above ^ your work is amazing and we really appreciate it! ^^
    I also can't wait for a farm editor but I suppose it might take some work :eek:
    Thanks a lot and keep it up! :3

Vith likes this.
    • stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently working on the farm editor, I almost got the base farm rendered. (It's a bit downscaled in Chicklet, to get it all in one to compare it to the real map.)
      Next up I'm gonna add the house / greenhouse. And after that the custom content from the savegame ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Wow, that's quite awesome! I haven't done any major coding myself, but I know JavaScript can be quite the pain. I'm even more impressed now.

Also, the Farm Editor looks AMAZING. I've said it so many times before, but THANK you for all your hard work!

KimberlyMarno likes this.
        • ZozZx

ZozZx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can you make the edior let me type rgb?

Vith likes this.
          • stefanhaan

It could be allowed, I'll look into it after the map editor to add a setting so you you are allowed to type RGB.

Vith likes this.
            • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

I also appreciate the fact that you take the time to listen to suggestions and implement them if they sound good to you, and if you happen to have the time. It is heartfelt to see, not too many people who publish mods or compile programs for people for use out of their own free time do this too often; which is also very understandable. I would love to see more people using this program (not sure if 'application' would be a better term in this case), but I also don't want it to burn you out either. Remember to take breaks (I'm sure you do, just speaking in general), and that people really do appreciate your hard work.

Once again (for the billionth time), I thank you, kind sir.

• Harmony001

Harmony001 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very nice editor, keep up the great work you are doing! Thx again. cheers.

• stefanhaan

It won't burn me out luckily! Creating tools for games has been a passion of my during my entire college journey, and it's been a while since my last one (A universal map editor that runs from within your browser). So for me it's just relaxation to come home from work and be able to work on this, and to already see that it's being appreciated and useful is just an added bonus. And next to that I just see projects like this as being my little babies, and I love to see them grow :D

gabel, Vith and curi0 like this.
                  • Harmony001

Harmony001 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I appreciate everything you do stef... Keep it up, awsome job well done! Cheers.

Vith likes this.
                    • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, for sure man, I'm really glad it is relaxing for you. If you don't mind and if it isn't too nosy, what map editor do you speak of? Also, with all this work you're doing, are you have to have time for Stardew itself at all? I'm sure you test a lot of things in game to see if the editor is functioning correctly (or maybe you're passed that stage), but I hope it is still enjoyable for you.

• stefanhaan

This is a map editor I created during college it's basically a Web based version of Tiled, featuring animations, tile randomisation. And it saves as a TMX format so you can open it up with Tiled.
                        Unfortunately It's not compatible with StardewValley, StardewValley uses base TMX maps and adds a lot of stuff from the save files onto that through the game itself. If it would use the plain TMX files then yes ;)
                        [​IMG]

Vith likes this.
                        • azestymeatball

azestymeatball Orbital Explorer

For whatever reason when i save i get an endless loop of "saving data". if there is something i have done wrong is there a way to fix it?

Captain Willis likes this.
                          • stefanhaan

Ate you using mods?

• Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Well man, that's really neat! Looks lovely, and thank you for answering my question. :)

• Akooij

Akooij Space Hobo

Im having an issue upgrading the watering can using the editor. No matter what version i pick, in the game i always end up with the regular watering can.

• how do use it no open fur me :/

• Raiyak

Raiyak Space Hobo

The .exe doesnt open for me aswell :/
                                    ( 64bit- Win 8 )

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
                                    • stefanhaan

Were did you guys download it from? From the mods page?
                                      From a link in this topic?

Getting any error?

• Raiyak

Raiyak Space Hobo

• stefanhaan