Chef hat - New to starting out

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by nihonsugi, Dec 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nihonsugi

nihonsugi Space Hobo

Hello all, i have just bought starbound today, i keep reading guides to figure out everything and what to do. but I found a chef hat today that has a purple square around it, its legendary apparently. I cant figure whether to sell it or keep it.

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

The Support section is for posts where people have a technical problem with running their game. Such as the game not running or finding a bug.

Moved to general help.

To answer your question its entirely up to yourself. Its probably easy to get back anyways. If you're lucky. But if you like it, keep it

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Yea, farming legendary items for selling isn't worth it that much anyway

vvawe likes this.
  4. vvawe

vvawe Space Hobo

As it was already stated- entirely up to you. Personally, I make my money through a bulk of other means, so that selling found items concerns only when they are in no use for me

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Most of the clothes you find (rather than make) are simply cosmetic, there to give you options for how your character looks. They don't change your armor rating.

If you are not looking to collect all of the clothes in the game (as I am), and you do not want your character to look like a chef, then sell it.

Personally some clothes I keep extras of just to put into appropriate storage devices in my builds as part of the "roleplay". I've got an NPC chef in one of my builds and I need to make him a sleeping quarters, so the spare chef's hat I got will go in there somewhere.

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, some rare cosmetic gears do have stats, but they are mostly under the average

7. vvawe

vvawe Space Hobo

Well, I find it mighty fine to get meself a good ol' cowboy shirt

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Then again, cosmetic slots are available, so one shouldn't get too obsessed with armor x)