1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Cheerful Giraffe] Unstable Fix [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by TanzNukeTerror, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

I can confirm both of the previous issues are still problems as of the June 9, 2016 nightly update. You cannot teleport to the Floran Hunting Ceremony - you'll either be stuck in an infinite teleporting animation, the game will crash, or you'll be kicked back to your ship.

When doing the 1st obstacle course for the Tech researcher in the Outpost, the quest does not update when you start the obstacle course - it continues to say that you need to talk to the NPC. As a result, even once you go through the obstacle course successfully, the quest does not complete, since the quest still thinks you haven't even started the course.

2. Aldarion80

Aldarion80 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

if I corroborate your data, now just put that incident in support nightly, but we'll see what it takes to fix it, I can not explain how to solve one for after re-breaking, they make tiny programming.

3. Nerva

I already have.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  4. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

I've fixed the Floran mission and am working on fixing the technician, Nuru's gladiator quest, etc. This might take a while, but please be patient. c:

5. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The printer is broken as well, some item(s) that don't exist.

6. Aldarion80

ohhh thanks tanznuketerror as last user said this 3d pixel fails, but it is only because they have not put good items, always tends to happen, so there is not much to look 3d pixel. debugman18 friend.

7. TanzNukeTerror

For this, you have to delete your character. It's out of my hands. This is stuff you should expect from the Nightly build.

The stuff I mentioned, though, I'm working on.

RoBoRo and Aldarion80 like this.
  8. RoBoRo

RoBoRo Intergalactic Tourist

Omg pls fix elliot's obstacle course, it's driving me insane :V i even made an account just to look for a fix

9. Aldarion80

10/06/2016 upgrade today have solved these two problems, but still if you want to put the fix, for people who do not have updated this well, I for one am very grateful for the attention you put people who we are testing the nightly ^^.

10. TanzNukeTerror

Wait, so the quests and Floran mission are fixed now? Chucklefish beat me to it, then.

11. Nerva

As of June 10th, with mod version 1.7.3, the Floran Hunting Ceremony mission is still broken (attempting to teleport to it fails and kicks you back to your ship), but the tech lab obstacle courses are fixed.

Just to make sure this isn't a legacy character issue, I'm going to roll a fresh character to re-test. Watch this post for updates.

12. TanzNukeTerror

I'll update for the Floran mission, but the 3D printer thing is a character issue.

13. TanzNukeTerror

14. Nerva

Hmm. As of mod version 1.7.4, June 10th Nightly update, both of my existing characters still can't get into the Floran Hunting Ceremony mission. I'm still getting kicked back to my ship.

I'm still working on getting a non-legacy character to the point where he can enter the Floran Hunting Ceremony. This may be an issue on my end - we'll know it is if this new character of mine can enter the mission successfully.

As an aside, are instanced worlds actually saved in the Universe folder or anywhere at all? Wondering if that might be the issue as well.

15. TanzNukeTerror

Probably not?

I'll dig through stuff again, but it should be working. It does for me.

16. Nerva

Okay, now that I've reached the Floran Hunting Ceremony on a non-legacy character, I can successfully enter the mission - but then the game either immediately crashes, or crashes once I've moved about one or two chunks to the right.

This occurs consistently for me, so unless my reasoning's off, there's something A. is guaranteed to spawn in that area, and B. is either a bad item or improperly defined and the game's throwing a fit over it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  17. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I fixed the crash with the 3d printer, actually. I renamed the brokenfuelhatch object to brokenhumanfuelhatchtier0 and made the appropriate changes in there, including setting printable to true, even though it still is not.

Obviously this is a race-specific issue, with each race having their own fuel hatch error.

18. ProtoMelon

ProtoMelon Void-Bound Voyager

Ummm, hate to break it to you... but you still can't teleport to the Floran Mission.

19. Nerva

Yeah, I can confirm. As of June 11th with the 1.7.4 version of the mod, attempting to start the Floran Hunting Ceremony (now listed as Ceremonial Hunting Caves) fails and kicks you back to your ship.

20. Aldarion80

For my part I can say that today's update, with patch 1.7.4 brings me to the mission well, I can also say that the sand is not going, another mission that have not been fixed, but will go slowly, if you want do not problem there, but you should get it out fast, you go step as the theme nuru and the mission of Floran initiation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.