1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Chat won't close [Closed]

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by ghost_entry, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost_entry

ghost_entry Intergalactic Tourist

I'm hoping I'm not just doing something stupid here, because I couldn't find anybody else with the same problem.

For some reason my chat window is open and just, stays open. I can't seem to close it, checked all the keybinds and even started random button tests, but so far nothing. Am I missing something? It's making combat really hard when clicking the chat window just expands it and doesn't actually shoot or stab.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Just click on the window and it will shrink.

3. ghost_entry

Yeahhh I've clicked it and clicked it, it will change size yes, but it never goes away. I've clicked the buttons, the window itself, the text entry field, the tabs at the bottom. I have clicked endlessly, to no avail. Any other ideas?

4. lazarus78

I don't think it does completely close.

5. ghost_entry

I remember it used to fade out until I hit enter to type again. You made me second guess myself so I decided to look it up, and in the official youtube promo vid you can see the chat fade away after use. Here's a reference:

Mine isn't doing that. I want to turn it off, it's really having a negative impact on play. I started a new character to see if maybe I'd accidentally toggled something, but the new character had exactly the same problem.

Edit: Skip ahead to 8:20 to see what I mean, for some reason the timestamp didn't format with the link.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  6. lazarus78

That video is not reflective of the current state of the game. You can basically consider it mostly outdated.

7. ghost_entry

Okay, having looked at some gameplay of nightly builds from the last few days or so, it does seem this is just how chat is working right now in the nightly. I hope they fix it, it's really in the way as it is, I wouldn't mind it if clicking on it didn't resize the window, and actually let me use my weapons or whatever. But I'll just assume for now that this is temporary.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  8. Akre

Akre Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, the constant chat window is really annoying. Hope they give option to toggle it on/off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.