Character Portraits?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by falseangel, Feb 17, 2013.

?

Would you like to create you're own characters portrait?

1. Yes, that would be so cool!

81.8%
  2. No...

18.2%
  1. falseangel

falseangel Phantasmal Quasar

This was just a though i had, but what about portraits for our characters? I know that we can customize the sprite character,but what if we had the option to create also our own portrait to match? I can imagine that this might be very difficult, but it would be incredibly neat if it were made possible. :laugh:

Evangelion likes this.
    • Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Yes... It's a big difference to go from this to that.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to do, just more work on Ape's part. That being said, while it'd be kinda neat... I don't think I'd necessarily want it. It seems kinda frivolous to me considering the main character takes a backseat as far as dialogue goes. :unsure:

• falseangel

I hear what you're saying Mr.X, but i don't quite understand what you mean. To me having a custom portrait of my character, and seeing that portrait when i converse with people, would definitely immerse me even more into the game. Maybe it is a little "frivolous" in the way that it isn't entirely needed, but i think that this option would be appreciated very much by those who want to be more detailed with there character.

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

I could see it happening in one of two ways:

1. CA creates several options for a portrait (or several "pieces" to put together Sims-Style, like hairstyles, noses, eyes etc)
            2. We choose a file from our computer to upload

Both would be cool, although I keep thinking about how this appears to be a one-person creative and development team and in a very real sense everything put in the game means a. something else doesn't go in, or b. release date is extended. Personally, I am happy with being able to customize my avatar. I would be happier with different crops types, additional cave monsters, diverse villagers, fauna, flora etc more than I would with a custom portrait. This is of course my preference and I understand how you would want to have a custom portrait, too :)

peace

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

It's not something I feel that strongly about, if it made it into the game, cool. But on a personal level, it's not something that I think would further immerse me into the game. Obviously that's not the case for other people, I get that. I'm used the the way it is in games like HM where you're only viewing NPC's faces and reactions in a conversation.

• falseangel

Yeah, ive played games like that, and i lived through without a portrait of my character. But still, i would like one, and maybe others don't feel that way but i guess i can respect that. So It's really up to the community and CA to what is decided (though i'm still routing for portrait;))

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

The only problem is matching your style with the game.

• Wasselin

Wasselin Pangalactic Porcupine

When would they even show up though?

• falseangel

During conversations with people of course, or other social situations.

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

Maybe a more direct chat in multiplayer.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I like the idea, but I can't draw.