Character Portrait Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ciriun, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Could someone tell me what each of the marriage candidates unique portraits are used for? I was working on a mod for one when I realized I had no idea what they were supposed to be doing or expressing for that image.

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. But if you mean literally what they were doing in their unique portraits.

Abigail - Startled because she was chillin' with the player character in the graveyard at night, and her dad is looking for her.
      Alex - Holding a football to throw to you, shirtless from working out (lifting weights), eating dinner with the player character on a date.
      Elliott - freaking out on a boat iirc.
      Emily - Not sure, haven't seen that event.
      Haley - Fell at Marnie's ranch and got dirty after taking photos of her cows.
      Harvey - listening to his radio set about airplane stuff.
      Maru - not sure.
      Penny - just wearing a swimsuit at the bathhouse. She expresses her feelings for the player character here, hence the crying face for if you reject her.
      Sam - Don't remember.
      Sebastian - on one of those roller thingies you lay on to work on the underside of vehicles. He's working on his motorcycle here.
      Shane - passed out drunk in his room, showing you his chickens.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for, thank you! But I really need an explanation for Sam, I cannot for the life of me figure it out and I don't think I've ever seen it in the game.

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

Are you talking about the last portrait, where he's turned a bit to the side? I've never seen that one in-game either, but I suspect it might be used in his 10-heart event if you reject him... Kind of like he's turning away a little to try and mask his disappointment/broken heart. The last portrait in Penny's group is used for the same basic circumstance, and he does look upset in this one. (Plus it would explain why it's unfamiliar to a lot of us, since most people probably wouldn't go to the trouble of getting his 10 heart event without seeing it through and returning his affections. He does have another perfectly good sad/upset portrait for other circumstances, after all, so that one's probably saved for "heartbroken.")

If that's not it, I can't imagine what else it would be used for that I wouldn't have seen yet. Might be an unused portrait, in that case?