RELEASED Character Portrait Overhauls! - 1.1 compatible! [Oct 7] 0.6.5.4.3

Touch up to the NPC portraits, staying true to the vanilla style.

1. Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

These look great man! My only issue is with the shading around Alex's eyes, it just seems too dark compared to the rest of his face and when his eyebrows are slanted like in his distressed/shocked portrait it just looks like a weird dark brown rectangle and appears above the eyebrow when it normally should be below it/following it. But other than that the rest look A-OK to me, keep up the awesome work!

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Just a quick note - the most recent update overwrote Haley's file. None of her expressions changed, but in checking I realized I'd made a mistake with one of her expressions (smiling when it should have been neutral). That's been fixed.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Ah yeah, I see that now. I'll probably edit it soon, I've been meaning to revisit Alex's.

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there any chance you'd add a bearded version of all the bachelors? I love beards, but so sad that there were no bearded candidates in this game.

Your bearded Harvey is just <3 though. But I wouldn't mind having options.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Yeah, the marriage candidates will probably all get facial hair of some kind. Not sure if I'll do a full beard for everyone. Some might get stubble, a goatee, etc.

Fyn and jedikitty like this.
            • Vauete

Vauete Aquatic Astronaut

Is there a chance for you to make Caroline's pigtails stand out more? I thought you gave her a haircut until I looked closely. :D (Ofc if you don't want to/don't have time to that's cool too)

Linus looks great btw. I really like how his hair is more wild now. Though his beard looks really soft and shiny. :3

• Zaffre7

Zaffre7 Void-Bound Voyager

These are absolutely stunning and I love them all. <3 I have almost every one of them.

Though, there's one thing that's keeping me from downloading Sam. :slowpoke:
                Can you make a variant where his hair is like the original portraits? I love what you've done with it, but it doesn't quite work for me, and can't bring myself to change it like that. XP

You don't have to, though. :) Just know your portraits are great and you are appreciated. <3

• comfysaur

comfysaur Orbital Explorer

These all are great, the only thing I can say is I wish Maru's nurse hat was changed to something more accurate to real nurse hats, the original in the Vanilla version looks off : P

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome. ^_^ He's hoping for a bearded/stubble sebastian. :rofl: (considering he's pretty lazy)

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Hm, yeah, I can see that. I'll keep it in mind ^^ I'm slowing down a bit on them so I'll probably concentrate on getting new ones done before revisiting the older ones.

I didn't have any variants planned for Sam aside from maybe facial hair, but I won't say that it won't happen. :)

Yeah, I'll probably tweak it eventually, it bugs me too.

zyymurgy likes this.
                      • Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am really looking forward to seeing the rest of the townspeople. <3 Are you planning to do a long haired Maru in the future?

• comfysaur

comfysaur Orbital Explorer

Just wondering, is there any chance for Abigail's portrait having a the hair bow from her sprite added? :)
                          It's a real cute detail, it's kind of a bummer the original portrait doesn't feature it either.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
                          • Inccubus

Inccubus Star Wrangler

I second the bow. Would be a nice option to have.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

I could do a bow variant, yeah. ^^ And also remove the bow from the sprite for the non-bow variant.

Just wanted to check in real quick and let you guys know that this isn't abandoned. I've suddenly gotten a few commissions which of course take priority, but there will be more updates soon, if I can get the time to finish up! Currently working on Shane.

• StarboundValley

StarboundValley Space Spelunker

SHANE YESSS!! yusss

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Woo! I'm glad to hear. Your mod is hands down one of my favorites. I was hoping it wasn't abandoned, so I'm super excited to see what you do with the rest of folks. :D

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wohooo! Very happy about this little update

• nimiety

nimiety Void-Bound Voyager

This is by far my favorite of the portrait replacements. Really hoping to see the Penny pixie variant at some point. Thanks for the work you've put into it though.

• TheOriginalKeat

TheOriginalKeat Space Hobo

When I downloaded the mod files they were zipped but I don't have WinZip. do you know how to unzip it without WinZip?

• HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Thank you so much!