Character: Hunger Option & Item Drop Chance Option

Discussion in 'Other' started by Marcus101RR, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Void-Bound Voyager

Dear Starbounders,

In this suggestion I have two things that sound better in the game. When making your character additional boxes should appear for the following:
    • Enable Hunger - Allows you to enable hunger for Casual or Survival Mode, automatically enabled for Hardcore.
    • Drop Random Items - In this option your character won't drop all items, but instead, will drop a random amount of different type of items. This random chance will always drop your max stack of said items. However, atleast you will not drop ALL your items on every death.
    The enable hunger feature is pretty simple, it is an option that might be more rewarding for quests if enabled? Something to give a reason to even use it in the first place.

The Drop Random Items feature is different from Survival version, instead of always dropping all your items and their max stack, you will drop a random count of different item types. However, it will always be dropping the maximum stack of those items you have. So you may drop 1 item on your death, and then 5 different items the next!

2. Shadencile

Shadencile Phantasmal Quasar

I feel there should also be an option to enable a percentage of pixels lost on death as well, I don't like to drop items on death personally but, I do miss dropping pixels and I would also like the option to enable hunger in any game play mode aside from hardcore.