OOC Chaos in the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Is probably also true.

2. FoliageFooey

FoliageFooey Aquatic Astronaut

I was thinking about doing a sort of musical character, like a hobo with a harmonica type thing.

3. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Ack, many apologies! I was kinda waiting on Tatteredemalion, kinda being lazy; I'll get back to it momentarily.

For now, @FoliageFooey , I wouldn't have any issue with you joining; if you write up a character sheet, we can work out a way to integrate you (you'll probably have to wait a bit while we finish this fight).

FoliageFooey and Alkanthe like this.
  4. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Well tatterman has posted now

5. Vurrunna

So! The combat scene has ended!

Damages include Bigs (the 3 and 4 Stress boxes filled) and Phoenix-3 (the 1 Stress box filled); not to mention Red, who's obviously in a bad place.

Quick note: The combat ended while the sniper was still standing, but he ran off immediately after shooting (I forgot to mention it, actually; I'll edit that in a sec). If anyone wishes to give chase, they may.

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

i cant, too slow

7. FoliageFooey

Okay I finished my app is it alright?

NAME: Lolac Landenver

RACE: Male Floran

PROFESSION: Professional Musician/ vagabond

SIZE: Born with dwarfism, Lolac is only 3 feet tall

DESCRIPTION: Not including his size, Lolac looks like any other floran with purple skin and a dark blue mushroom cap on top of his head. He usually wears nothing but a bright orange vest with a Stellar Bard guild crest(a diamond with a music note in its center) pinned on it, a yellow sash, and bright red baggy pants.

BACKGROUND : Lolac was born on a inter species colony. He grew up in a inter species family and without prejudice towards any other species. He was rather quiet and calm for a floran and would actually avoid fighting whenever possible. While some have picked on him for it, most claims stated that it was his small size that left him docile, he had never been faced with any serious prejudice for race or stature. In fact he was often encouraged to remain calm and refrain from violence. It was during these peaceful years that Lolac discovered his passion for music.

Sadly all things must end at some point. When Lolac was simply a teenager war found its way to the colony in the form of Floran expansionists. The colony quickly became a battlefield, and every Floran colonist was caught in the middle. Floran colonists found by expansionists were ether assimilated or killed, and were often turned into spies. Any florans among the colonists were suddenly treated with suspicion. Lolac lost half of his family during the first attacks, the society he had loved so much now treated him like he was the enemy, and a vicious menace called to him promising freedom from the pain and glory to claim.

The battle for the planet lasted only a year until the Floran menace reduced the colony to rubble. The few surviving colonists fled the world, each to their own destination. Lolac escaped with his remaining family, but he couldn't bring himself to stay with them. The emotional and mental scars of the war were too great for him to bear, and despite his family's wishes he left. Lolac spent time traveling to Floran worlds and living by playing music for food and shelter. It didn't take long for a member of Stellar Bard to find him. He joined the guild and spent many years amongst other musicians who helped hone his skills. He became a professional musician and eventually decided to leave the guild life to wander and play as he pleases. His wandering eventually lead to him to seek out Redstar on the charmingly named planet Death, because who wouldn't want to hear a good tune in a small town surrounded by war and ruin?

Additional:
    BELONGINGS: He has a violin, flute, and trumpet( all made to his size) in separate cases strapped to his back, and in his arms he carries around Quillus the piano keyboard, in its case, at all times.

POSITIVE RELATION: Lolac still loves his remaining family and often communicates with them whenever he gets his hands on a communicator. His remaining family consists of three sisters and a brother; Harvey the glitch, Dee the human, Petunia the hylotl, and Tytus the avian. His former guild mates will most likely recognize him and tackle him with hugs. He considers his guild mates as part of his family and will often greet them with just as much enthusiasm. He also knows some clients here and there who know him through guild business.

NEGATIVE RELATION: Lolac has a deep hatred for savage Floran and often refers to them as his bloodthirsty cousins. He still remembers some people from his birth colony and holds a grudge against them for his treatment during the war. There are also a few clients here and there he may or may not have royally pissed off, mostly snobby rich people who tried to boss him or his guild mates around during a performance. He often has little respect for authority figures in general.

ET CETERA:
    Personality:
    Lolac is generally a kind laid back person. He enjoys entertaining others in various ways be it story telling or playing. Attempts at bossing him around will be met with a lot of back talk, and if he gets angry enough than he will probably throw something.

He has no fighting experience except biting and swinging his instrument cases around

Skills
    Very Trained:

Music

Trained:

Rapport Empathy

Sorta trained:

Deceive Will provoke

Minor Experience:

Contacts investigate stealth athletic

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Tatterdemalion likes this.
  8. Vurrunna

Sorry for the disappearance again; I'm surprisingly busy on the weekends.

That sounds good; keep in mind, however, that a) your character comes from a rarity (such a diverse family, let alone world-wide colony, is practically unheard of), b) Florans are notoriously violent, more so than any other race, and c) an organization like a guild of musicians, or even outposts where various races mingle, simply do not happen (as the intro mentions, the galaxy is a very dangerous place, and is in constant conflict).

For the home, it might be better to say that the colony fell and its inhabitants were cast to the four winds of space; if not the Florans, than some other organization would bring them down (USCM army, Avian fanatics, Glitch crusaders, etc.). His race is totally acceptable, so long as you acknowledge some NPCs will have an issue with him (though likely not many, given his stature). Lastly, the Stellar Bards ought to be fine, so long as they are pretty minor and are really just a big group of musicians that stay in touch with one another and probably have an idealistic view on the future.

Sorry if that seems nitpicky: it's a really cool character, and I can see Lolac being a very fun addition to the story. I'm really just checking to make sure you understand the setting well enough: the current scene with Redstar is probably going to be one of the more socially-accepting interactions with NPCs (and their town just burned down).

9. FoliageFooey

I have edited my app. And as you said Stellar Bard is simply a big inter species group of musicians that help each other and can hook each other up with gigs. Sometimes they even get to do major performances. And they might want the fighting to end so they could play together in peace without being shot at for performing alongside other species.
    And don't you worry about nit picking, gotta make sure everything lines up with the story.

10. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

Hi this seems like an interesting RP. Can I still make a character and join?

11. Vurrunna

Quick Reminder: When I don't post for a while, I'm basically just procrastinating. A quick summons is all it takes to get me back into things (I actually check the forums about every day, and despite my lack of skill with responding immediately, a good kickin' will get me to speak up again).

@FoliageFooey A good time to join in is comin' up; feel free to insert yourself when it arrives (it will be blatantly obvious).

Quite possibly; could you write up a character sheet for me? As I mentioned above, a good introduction point is coming up, and you could easily jump in as soon as you have a sheet prepped and approved.

Alkanthe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

so yer like an old lawnmower that will only start when i kick you?

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The other option is to set off a firecracker in his toilet, that's sure to wake him up.

14. Vurrunna

Yeah, basically. A nice smack on the head and I get back to work, like the good little typing monkey I am.

15. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Would a smack in the ass get you going though?

16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Rg what the heck.

17. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I just watched deadpool so...

18. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Rg this is not like you. Deadpool is a bad influence

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

There's no denying that.

zeskorion likes this.
  20. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Watching because I need more things to read...and this seems interesting enough.

:D