Modding Help Changing textures of an existing mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zach_Attack, May 10, 2017.

1. Zach_Attack

Zach_Attack Pangalactic Porcupine

So basically I want to know how I can make a mod that replaces the textures of another mod 100% of the time, I currently have it, But it doesn't always replace it... Basically I'm asking where the priority files of mod loading is and such :p

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I could be wrong about this so some one will need to back me up on this. Your mod needs to have a lower priority than the mod you are editing the textures to so that Starbound will read the first mod and then read your texture mod and override the first mod's texture with your's. Please let me know how this works out for you.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

bk3k likes this.
  4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

"Includes" would also work. But when the intent is replacing another mods textures, "requires" does make more sense.

5. Zach_Attack

Umm... So How Do I use the requires parameter...

6. Zach_Attack

Like, Do I put in the mod name or it's steam content ID?

7. Zach_Attack

Okay So I actually looked at your book and I know what to do now... But when I do that it just crashes the mod uploader... idk why because everything in the _Metadata file is all right, but when I change the [], to "", it works just fine, But regular SB crashes when I try to play. I can try to post a .log file or something If you need me too...

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

the name has to be exactly the name given in the metadata file of the mod you are trying to require.
    Also due to some issue - this feature isn't properly available on steam. Only for those who manually install.

For Steam - you also have to use the dependency option in steam after you upload it in mod details.