REQUEST Changing date and year?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stringstorm, Mar 13, 2016.

1. stringstorm

stringstorm Astral Cartographer

Irrelevant paragraph in spoiler. A background of why I'm asking for such a mod:
    After messing around to find a way to reset my marriage status back to single so that I could go for each candidate in hopes of completing every romance route, I found out that someone has already made a mod for that. I used that mod on the saves that I tinkered with. While I was going for the haley route, my game crashed and my saves corrupted. I could get through the main menu and up to the loading screen. But when I would load a game, it would crash. Even on the saves that I haven't tinkered with. So I did a reinstall of the game. Same thing happened. In frustration, I simply removed stardew valley and all related files off of my drive, registry, everywhere and did a clean install.

So I'm left with starting over. After reconstructing my farm in a couple of days (still need to contruct the farm buildings) and adjusting the heart levels of all townsfolk to the way they were before with the help of the cheat mod, I was bothered that I have to go through a whole year again to completely do a 1 to 1 copy of my progress. I was in 23rd of spring, 2nd year when this happened.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the date and year? In such a way that after selecting what year and date the player wants to be in, he would be then taken to that date/year after going to sleep?

• DragnHntr

DragnHntr Void-Bound Voyager

There is a CheatEngine table that lets you set the date.

• Watagatapitusberry

Watagatapitusberry Space Spelunker

Here you go.
        Commands: 'Day (day)'. 'Year (year)', and 'Friendship (NPC) (value)'(I forgot to comment out this and I'm to lazy to compile it again).

Always backup your save just in case something gets messed up.

Attached Files:

• ♥ Princess Sakura ♥

♥ Princess Sakura ♥ Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for this, and is there a key to bring up a command window? Or can this not be done in-game, and would use something external? Also, would the date change immediately, or not take effect until going to sleep? Sorry for all the questions.

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

You can edit savegames to change the date, won't affect anything else and might cause problems with game progress etc though.

Code:
              <currentSeason>spring</currentSeason>
              <dayOfMonth>13</dayOfMonth>
              <year>1</year>

• Watagatapitusberry

You need SMAPI to load the mod. SMAPI has its own console window, just alt+tab to it and input the commands.
              It should change the day/year immediately.

• ♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Ah, thank you. There doesn't seem to be a month or season command, though? Weirdly, I can also give a 29th day to a season that should only have 28.

EDIT: I have a "world_setseason" command from somewhere else I hadn't noticed, problem solved (though the Spring map is still active, even though the Winter BGM is playing and after sleeping it was snowing the next day still with cherry blossoms and green grass). In any case, thank you again!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
                • Watagatapitusberry

Oh, you are right. Trainermod is only missing a setyear function(I doubt many people would use it anyways).

I'll see if I can make it so the change season updates the tiles later tonight.

And maybe add the rest of the debug commands like marry, killnpc, etc..

• ♥ Princess Sakura ♥

After sleeping and exiting the game, the tiles update themselves so I wouldn't say it's completely necessary if there are other things you'd rather focus on, but yeah I guess if you're ever bored it'd be nice to not have to boot it up again.

killnpc sounds like a fun time :iswydt:

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

Well if you want me to edit your savefile for you, I don't mind doing that.

• Taruu

Taruu Space Hobo

Well.... In Mod installed (ConsoleCommands) when you install Smapi is command. it's "world_setday (value to 28)" / "world_setseason (value)". Oh yea and "world_setyear (value)" is there to! Like if i help ^^