1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Changing a player's ship location/coordinates?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by AsinineVulpine, May 16, 2020.

1. AsinineVulpine

AsinineVulpine Big Damn Hero

Probably an ooooold question but I'm on a server with someone, and we ported our characters over, but we're, of course, literally half the universe away from each other and there is no physical way we could ever, in any reasonable amount of time, traverse the... *quick Calculator.exe use* uhh..

oh wow that's a lotta distance ._.;

Let's just say the difference in our coordinates is as follows:
    x: 385,615,432
    y: 762,756,049‬

I'm far closer to the centre of the universe than they are, but that's still a metric ton of miniscule jumps, each one which would use up currently 10k+ of fuel per jump, and each one would change the total distance between us by maybe 1k , tops.

That is... obviously not feasable. Mostly we just want to exist somewhat near each other system wise. I mean, sure it's not really necessary, but it would be nice for me to be able to move my ship to closer to their location. We've scoured the net and not found any solution, there appears to be no admin cheats that are possible, and even with an admin character, we can't pilot our own regular character's ships to the location for free like an admin could, because even an admin can't take control of someone else's ship it seems.

We don't want to turn /admin on our characters because that'll unlock all recipes rather than unlocking them properly, and would be like cheating, hence the admin characters set up.

Is there any way for an admin character to forcefully move a player's ship location where it needs to go, or what file is it that has the ship's coordinates stored, and how does one edit it to move the ship without exploding everything?

I'd very much appreciate some help with this, but if it's not possible, it's totally understandable, we'll just work around it as we've done so far.

Thanks very much for your time!