Mob Changes in behaviou/A.I/ attacks when in different environments

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by jonathonspy, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

personally, if possible, I would like to see improvements in Mob and Boss Ai and programming.

e.g. if the next boss that's announced is an aquatic enemy, they should flop around/crawl when they are on land, but be quite deadly when in water.
    or, if an enemy that spits fire is in water, the fire either doesn't work, or is severely weakened, and if its in a place that's rather warm, the fire should be much stronger.

if an enemy that shoots water is on land, the water should be weaker, but if its in water, the water should be much stronger and maybe push you back.

does anyone think that this might be possible?

2. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

I think it's possible, but also highly abusable. I wouldn't add something like this in for bosses if I were Chucklefish.

jonathonspy likes this.
  3. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

I hadn't really thought about that.

4. Fibriel Solaer

Fibriel Solaer Space Kumquat

Whether the fire is affected by water or not depends on what kind of fire it is. Sodium and magnesium can "burn" under water in some circumstances (this is incredibly dangerous but since we're talking about monsters trying to kill you I think it's more practical for that purpose.)

Alternately we can say "this is a space fantasy game with space dragons I'm pretty sure they can breathe fire underwater".

jonathonspy likes this.