1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Changelog for v. Offended Koala 15/12/2013

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Theodotus, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Flux Wildly

Flux Wildly Big Damn Hero

Happy to help out a fellow space traveler) Was looking for this info myself a bit earlier, was just about to store all my items and materials on multiplayer server and wipe my chars, saved me a lot of effort :D

Nef_123 likes this.
  2. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How does one go about deleting ones universe folder? And what are the steps to do so, like should I store any items on my ship, on char and etc?

3. Justanzo

Justanzo Cosmic Narwhal

Make sure you have EVERY important item either on your character or in your ship storage.

Go to: Local Disc C -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> SteamApps -> common -> Starbound -> universe

Delete everything in there and hope for the best.

4. Wystner

Wystner Astral Cartographer

Those OP grenade launchers that did 4k+ damage and scattered fragments seem to have gotten their damage nerfed a little bit (looks like -10% off a direct hit) but had their energy reduced by about one-third (from 12x to 8x). I guess they're viable to dual-wield now if you don't mind dropping your shield.

5. Flux Wildly

Exactly what Justanzo said ) This will also generate your multiplayer server anew.

6. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

Is that why the avians weren't wearing clothes.
    I didn't even realise it was a bug, birds generally don't wear clothes.

TZling likes this.
  7. ShinobiDragoon

ShinobiDragoon Space Spelunker

In general it seems that guns had their energy costs normalized across the board. I started a new character and went to a known gun merchant planet and compared the stats on several guns, all of their energy usages were in the 30/sec range (lowest was 25, highest was about 32). That seems a bit high when your base energy is only 100; you can only fire for 3 seconds during which time with a tier 1 gun you'll likely do about 15 to 18 damage, then you're out of energy. Guns already have the disadvantage of generally having about half the DPS values of melee weapons to make up for them being able to hit at range, energy costs shouldn't be so prohibitive as to make guns unusable the majority of the time unless there are plans to add ways to regenerate energy beyond green stims and tier 10 Floran armor.

As a side note, the hunting bow was also affected by this change, you'll drain your 100 energy pool with about 4 to 5 arrows.

8. OobleckTheGreen

OobleckTheGreen Space Kumquat

Well, that was bad. :eek: I hoped for the best and got the worst. Removing the contents of that folder caused Starbound to not launch at all. Strangely, after returning the deleted files back from the trash to the folder, it STILL wouldn't start. I tried everything, and ended up deleting all local content and re-installing the game, which, of course, fixed the problem.

9. Justanzo

Justanzo Cosmic Narwhal

Strange. Maybe there's some key files that should be left in. I don't really know.

Either way, this would be much easier if they added the option of deleting characters/creating new universes.

10. Gammasix

Gammasix Intergalactic Tourist

was that patch for today? because im still on indignent koala. and steam doesn't say Starbound need patching.

11. OobleckTheGreen

OobleckTheGreen Space Kumquat

Yes, it updated late last night. Mine won't update unless I quit and restart Steam, so you might try that.

12. Kataris

Kataris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Interesting, my pistol energy per shot was lowered. I think it scales more with fire rate now.

13. Flux Wildly

This is really odd. Btw, next time you could use Steam feature to verify files integrity, it'll scan your game folder and check for mistakes or missing files.

14. Starhound

Starhound Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to see your character and ship saved in a way that let you keep anything on your person or ship, and be able to delete or reset your universe. Kind of like how Terraria handles characters. Would make beta life a lot easier.

In other news, this patch is the most fun I've had with the game, easily. Feels like the game is really coming into form. The mashup biomes on planets is awesome, and seeing new planet types has me excited for more. So much to do in this game now, and I have yet to touch a single mod.

15. Flux Wildly

That method, Justanzo descirbed, doing exactly what you are looking for) And I'm fully agree on patch changes, made game even more exiting!)

16. Ronin Zee

Ronin Zee Void-Bound Voyager

IDK about the biome mashup thing. It seems to me that they replaced all the sub-biomes with planetary biomes =/ makes exploring the surface a bit less exciting

Autzome likes this.
  17. Xendhaius

Xendhaius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really? I knew they lowered the energy cost of them, but I have yet to notice the damage being reduced. Mine has the same stats (minus energy cost) as it did before the patch and it still 1 shots all normal enemies on level 10 planets.

18. Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you for posting this x.x was hunting for it ever since patch hit.

Also:
    New Novelty Hats

it begins

19. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

I hope my kiwi-launcher thingie is a decent alternative to the bow now.

20. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

And yay, another wipe. Time to take up the manipulator again.