Modding Discussion Change Date in Save File?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by sma, Mar 27, 2016.

1. sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

I paused my game and walked away - someone unpaused it while I was away - I have now missed two important dates, a birthday and a watering day for the ancient seed. Is there a way to change the date in the save file? I'm so mad I could scream.

• dk2020

dk2020 Space Penguin Leader

Remember to always backup before you try...

yes, you can edit your save game and change the date, but it may have weird affect. you need to edit both save file. In the savegameinfo change the date string appropriately to the date you want ( ie. from 8th to 2nd for example). Then in the charactername_number file find the line that say
      <dayOfMonth> </dayOfMonth> and change the day as to match. Note if you went to a new season, it get more complicated and you will also need to change the <currentSeason> </currentSeason> . Note if major events occur between the date, those event needs to be removed from the savegame as seen events.

curi0 likes this.
      • sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you. I did not find the corrisponding dayOfMonth tag in both files so I did it only in the one, but there was more than one place I had to change it in the file. Thanks again.