Challenge Run Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamirose, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

oh and no updating backpacks?

• hkcream

hkcream Master Chief

How about a challenge to finish the bundle AND getting married in the first year? (If that's too easy, also add completing Qi's quest and unlocking the sewer as conditions)
      I feel like this is possible with careful calculation and good time management.

I am at the end of year 1 now, I only need fruits (I chose the mushroom cave) , truffle and red cabbage to complete the bundle, and is ready to get married as soon as spring comes. I didn't expect the beet requirement from Qi's quest and have already unlocked the sewer.

Kamirose and Lanx12 like this.
      • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Aren't red cabbages a crop you only get the seeds to in the second year? You'd have to get lucky with the travelling merchant I think. Could be fun, but still a bit of an RNG component. (Adding it now!)

• PerkulatorBenny

PerkulatorBenny Orbital Explorer

Yeah, Red Cabbage is one of the year two seeds.

• Morgath

Morgath Astral Cartographer

Kamirose likes this.
          • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Sounds fun! I like that it's not a restriction on money making methods, but instead on spending ability. Linked from the first post :D

Morgath likes this.
            • Morgath

Morgath Astral Cartographer

It defiantly changes things. once I get the seed maker I will be able to duplicate my crops and plant some more. Until then I am extremely limited. I have to concentrate on fishing, foraging and the mines to gain the cash for upgrades, and the resources to craft items. So rather slow to begin with, but worth the time.

• hkcream

hkcream Master Chief

ya, but if you visit the cart every friday and sunday throughout the year I think you will get one eventually. The hardest part would be having a mature pig by the end of Autumn to get a truffle.

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

Was sitting here trying to decide if for my Joja side run I should do some silly sort of challenge. Was thinking selling Artisan items only. Once you got going it'd be easy enough, but you'd have to get there first, since the earliest you could work anything was level 3 foraging, if memory serves.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

How about playing SV with 4 second long 10 minutes? instead of the vanilla 7 seconds! grab a bunch o folks from the forums, set a goal (an irl week maybe) and see who has the most progress! now there is a challenge both involving and competitive! (to keep the blood rushing and all that)

• metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is based on discussions and suggestions in the Stardew Valley thread over on the Bay12 Forum.
                      Sustainable Farming Challenge

Setup

Create character and using a little savegame editing give yourself a single seedmaker.

The last step can take a few minutes. If the notepad++ window appears to not be showing anything after completing, drag all the way back to the left using the bottom scrollbar.

Do a search for
                      Code:
                      <Item xsi:nil="true" />
                      This is the code for an empty inventory space, you should see several of these. Prior to the first of these you should see the code for the last item you have in your toolbar. Remove one of these and replace with the following code.

Code:
                             <Item xsi:type="Object">
                               <specialVariable>0</specialVariable>
                               <category>-9</category>
                               <specialItem>false</specialItem>
                               <hasBeenInInventory>true</hasBeenInInventory>
                               <Name>Seed Maker</Name>
                               <Stack>1</Stack>
                               <tileLocation>
                                 <X>0</X><Y>0</Y>
                               </tileLocation>
                               <parentSheetIndex>25</parentSheetIndex>
                               <owner>0</owner>
                               <name>Seed Maker</name>
                               <type>Crafting</type>
                               <canBeSetDown>true</canBeSetDown>
                               <canBeGrabbed>true</canBeGrabbed>
                               <isHoedirt>false</isHoedirt>
                               <isSpawnedObject>false</isSpawnedObject>
                               <questItem>false</questItem>
                               <isOn>true</isOn>
                               <fragility>0</fragility>
                               <price>50</price>
                               <edibility>-300</edibility>
                               <stack>1</stack>
                               <quality>0</quality>
                               <bigCraftable>true</bigCraftable>
                               <setOutdoors>true</setOutdoors>
                               <setIndoors>true</setIndoors>
                               <readyForHarvest>false</readyForHarvest>
                               <showNextIndex>false</showNextIndex>
                               <flipped>false</flipped>
                               <hasBeenPickedUpByFarmer>true</hasBeenPickedUpByFarmer>
                               <isRecipe>false</isRecipe>
                               <isLamp>false</isLamp>
                               <minutesUntilReady>0</minutesUntilReady>
                               <boundingBox>
                                 <X>0</X><Y>0</Y>
                                 <Width>64</Width>
                                 <Height>64</Height>
                                 <Location>
                                   <X>0</X><Y>0</Y>
                                 </Location>
                               </boundingBox>
                               <scale>
                                 <X>0</X><Y>5</Y>
                               </scale>
                             </Item>

Save the file and when you load the game you should now have a seed maker in your toolbar/inventory.

Farming

You may only purchase a single example of each seed. Further seeds can only be obtained by use of the seedmaker or through quest/bundle rewards.

You may only purchase a single sapling of each fruit tree per year. Fruit trees must be maintained in equal numbers between varieties(no planting a second until you have one of each).

Produce that can be made into seeds, eg from the Caravan, can be freely purchased.

A maximum of 24 plants of the same variety may be planted at any one time.

You must grow every type of plant that is available to you each season. If seeds are available, and sufficient time remains in the season for a harvest, each crop should be planted up to it's limit of 24.

Fertilizer and Sprinklers may be freely used.

Once the Greenhouse is unlocked, up to five plants per type may be planted within it. These do not count towards the normal 24 plant limit for a type.

A sufficient stockpile of seeds for each plant should be established by the end of each season to fully replant the following year.

Animals

A maximum of one Barn and one Coop may be built and filled with animals. A second Barn/Coop may be built for setting up processing equipment.

At least two of each type of available animal should be obtained.

Artisan and Other Processing

A maximum of 12 Beehives, 12 Kegs, 12 Preserves Jars, 12 Crab-Pots, 12 Lightning Rods and 12 Tappers(evenly split between tree types) may be built.

A maximum of 4 Seed Makers, 4 Cheese Presses, 4 Mayonnaise Machines, 4 Oil Makers, 4 Looms, 4 Furnaces, 4 Charcoal Kilns, 4 Recycling Machines, 4 Worm Bins and 4 Crystalariums may be built.

As wide a variety of Artisan Goods as possible should be produced. At least one of each crop grown in a season that can be, should be processed in a Keg and in a Jar, so long as this does not prevent sufficient seeds being produced for the next planting.

Fishing

You may only go fishing for one day a week, so long as all crops are watered/animals cared for. Emptying Crab Pots is not included in this and may be done daily.

Mining

You may enter the Mines for one day a week, so long as all crops are watered/animals cared for. You may make multiple trips on that day if desired.

Once unlocked, the Skull Caverns may be visited once a week, so long as all crops are watered/animals cared for. This is seperate from the Mines so both may be visited in a week.

Foraging

You may go foraging for plants one day a week, so long as all crops are watered/animals cared for.

You may go lumberjacking outside of your farm one day a week, so long as all crops are watered/animals cared for.

You may harvest Hardwood from the Secret Woods on any day you go Foraging/Lumberjacking.

Up to 24 Seasonal seeds can and should be planted at a time once available, when sufficient time remains in a season for them to grow.

Social

You may visit and gift Villagers as often or little as you wish, but should always at a minimum give a gift on their birthday.

All festivals should be attended.

Jobs through the mail or job board may be freely completed, as long as they comply with the other restrictions.

Juyn likes this.
                      • Raxel920

Raxel920 Intergalactic Tourist

Master Chef Challenge
                        A little something I made up myself.

• You may not spend more than 200 g per day until getting the
                        • You may only purchase seeds and sell crops and forage until you reach 10,000 G.
                        • Then you must immediately chop wood until you get 450, and then upgrade your farmhouse to get the kitchen (Now you may only buy seeds, animals, animal structures, silos, or mills).
                        • Now you can only sell and gift cooking. You can only fish or forage for cooking ingredients, or mine for stone (If you get something other than stone while mining, you must immediately trash it).
                        Tell me if it's good!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
                        • Raxel920

Raxel920 Intergalactic Tourist

Crud, didn't realize I necrobumpedI :facepalm: