Modding Help [CF] Conversion Of A Few Furniture Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by asmothstotheflame, May 18, 2019.

1. asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello!

I am looking for anyone to either help me, or to take it upon themselves, to convert these mods into Custom Furniture files. I try not to replace too many vanilla assets. Any help is always appreciated. I know a little about manipulating the files, but if anyone can help me with a framework, I'll convert them and post the results.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2190?tab=description
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1731?tab=description
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2977?tab=description (Just the furniture, not the interior)

Thanks!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Of the 3 mods you listed Yellog's has already been done and uploaded to Nexus: Yellog's Furniture. I don't see any conversion for the Mi's set, though. Zoza's furniture was converted but never released, but there's no reason you can't have it - however, be warned it's huge; Zosa redid everything, so the mod is actually in 2 parts:

Attached Files:

Baaahumburgler likes this.
      • asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Moragaine, you are always the best!Thank you! Now, I understand that Zosa's is both interior and furniture. I just wanted to add the furniture. Is one of these two parts just those?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

not to mention there are spare pieces to swap out X''D for sure though i don't recall anyone having done a custom furniture variant X''D i certainly don't have a copy(oops)

• Moragaine

Some of us folks on the discord server started to do CF conversions of the various popular furniture packs. Froststar was putting them all up on Nexus so they'd be easier to find - you'd just have to search on they're name. Your furniture was done, Zosa, but it was never posted(not sure why). The zip files are still accessable there, though, so I put them here, too.

@asmothstotheflame Both of those are furniture, although the second is mostly wall art, rugs and plants, I believe. Errors start to sneak in when you do a large number of files on the same png, breaking them up makes it easier to work with and more room to move things if necessary.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

well that won't work since i don't do discord X'''D though, if anyone was actually interested i am working on a yellow-heavy variant of the furniture mod with less crap couches, would you be willing to cf it if people did?

Snarkypie likes this.
              • Moragaine

@Zosa The work in those 2 files is yours, you can post them yourself, if you like. Yes, I certainly would do another of yours, if you need it done.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i would only do it if people wanted it. a mod that only like 3 people actually care for is not worth the work when there is more desirable stuff to post :rofl:

• Moragaine

Maybe if you show folks what your current project looks like, so they can decide..?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

eh, the last time i did that a whole bunch of people downloaded the file and only two people commented(with one of them only doing so to ask for the file after i took it down) it left me with no more information on if the mod was worth anything than if i had said nothing at all

hm, this convo seems to be getting off-topic though

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Zosa I should let you know that foggywizard and I had been working on a single CF conversion of your furniture (for the record, I think the couches are lovely); it was posted to Nexus as an optional file for your mod late last night. As I had been speaking with foggywizard before beginning the conversion, I had assumed that your permission was given- if not, please let us know so we can resolve this.

I'm actually working on a personal conversion of Mi and Magimatica's Country Furniture right now, but as I'm not in contact with either of those two modders (not sure if they're on the Discord) I'm not sure if it would be poor form to post it here once it's done.

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Ya'll can just @me when it's decided which version Zosa wants posted.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

foggywizard has permission to post any and all of my mods with credit since most of my mods use their code X'''D

the conversation is that i have another mod i am working on now that is mostly a recolour of the original but does have some redraws as well

Snarkypie likes this.
                            • maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, cool! I'm definitely looking forward to the new mod.
                              Thank you both @Zosa and @foggywizard for being so responsive!

• stardewsweetheart

stardewsweetheart Void-Bound Voyager

@Zosa this may never reach you, but may we incorporate your furniture into interior retexture mods if we give full credit to you? Thanks!