1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Center of the planet.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Gustaf Lindberg, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelp

Kelp Big Damn Hero

Well it would be interesting if different worlds have different types of cores. A processing core if technical planets exist? Although it will probably just be like any other core, molten rock, all that stuff.

My only question is... will gravity be involved? If I were to say, mine the core... would the world become unstable?

Merch likes this.
  2. Merch

Merch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And 275 pixels are worth 1 tech feather (useless, right).
    Bu' seriously, the core would be molten, like the Moon, wait, I mean cheese.

3. CrateMuncher

CrateMuncher Big Damn Hero

COOKIES!

Bonabopn likes this.
  4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

But then, what is at the center of the cookies? :O

5. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

I'll i want in the center of mine is SPAAAAAAAACE! or crystals

6. CrateMuncher

CrateMuncher Big Damn Hero

MORE COOKIES!

7. Williamm53

Williamm53 Astral Cartographer

dirt

ToxicArcher likes this.
  8. pramones9

pramones9 Space Spelunker

Maybe a point where you can't go on any farther. Like say hard rock you can't drill or blow up?

9. Ruari

Ruari Aquatic Astronaut

Offtopic: This has given me a thought. You know how you can walk so far on the surface and you will eventually walk back round to where you started? Surely the deeper you dig the less distance you would have to travel to the side to reach the point you started at? Like, when you reach the centre of the planet you'd have to walk hardly any distance to get back to where you started. That is if the planet is a sphere. I can't think of any shape where you'd have to travel the same distance on the surface as you would underground to reach the starting point.

Ontopic: Caek.

10. pramones9

pramones9 Space Spelunker

This was on my mind too, But that might be a bit to complicated for programming. BUT This might be a good transportation method.

11. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I have two insane ideas for what should be found at the center of the planet.

One is that the planet is a hollow shell who's outside looks like our moon or some other god-forsaken dirt collection. Then on the inside it's like THE LAND OF THE LOST with dinosaurs and all that good sh** you expect to find on a healthy world teeming with life, except it's all clinging to the inside wall like gravity's reversed, and in the very center is a tiny star which makes everything perpetual daytime.

The other idea is that at the very center of the planet is an enormous heart.

... Ba-bump... ba-bump... ba-bump... AND IT EATS YOU.

BloodyRain2k likes this.
  12. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

The center of a planet is going to be made entirely out of cheese.

13. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Why not the whole planet? :3

14. Draznar

Draznar Void-Bound Voyager

My planet would have UNOBTAINIUM.

15. Venthas

Venthas Aquatic Astronaut

That's awfully anticlimatic...

16. Aurana

Aurana Void-Bound Voyager

as far as instakills go i think you should be able to make or buy special suits that allow you to travel to the center of planets

17. Maxdrive

Maxdrive Starship Captain

42. 'Nuff said.
    OT: It would probably be some kind of huge cavern where penguins and raccoons are having a huge war...

...while riding dinosaurs that shoot lazerz.

18. Yttsae

Yttsae Request for Urgent Business Relationship

This has been bugging me since I first heard about the looping planets, I just cant work out what shape they would be. As far as I can see they would either need to have planets shaped like a ring the character is traveling along the face of (think just connecting either side of a terraria map), but this ends up with all planets having a fixed depth where you hit the skybox, or they would need to find a way of making gravity work towards the center of a circle made of squares, but I don't see this working for crafting as the buildings would have to be designed to work on angled surfaces.

Back on topic, a disc shaped world on the back of four elephants riding on the back of a turtle.

19. Spacefawx

Spacefawx Big Damn Hero

One milliiioonn catttzz!

20. ToxicArcher

ToxicArcher Aquatic Astronaut

There should be a spongy fungus world like in tunnels c:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.