NPC Centaurs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ayumi, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Ayumi

Ayumi Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Purpose:

Can be Questgiver, Civilian, or Vendor

Centaurs mainly concern themselves with the protection of wild life and wood(or not so wood) lands.

NOTE:
    **YES This is more fantasy based then Sci-fi like Starbound. I dont care I like them.**
    (more to be added)​

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. Cellbind

Cellbind Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool horse-bros, girl.

Ayumi likes this.
  3. Ayumi

[​IMG]more~

Sefercil likes this.
  4. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

....you know there is pose to be male in there too, not all female. Anyway back subject, I say it is good start, is it art drawing or you really want it be a races to be in starbound? I am not making your hand to choose between such a thing, but it is your chose what you should capture people hearts loving this or make people enjoy in thought possible how many races are there (not races, racist).

5. Ayumi

The 2 bottom are male >_> and I have this as a Npc not a race per say just someone that can be a vendor, questgiver, ect.

6. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

oh really? Sorry I must had one my eye blur out a bit mistaken bad. Also I think I am ok you said just being vendor or ect stuff. Lets hope no troll thinking mounting on centaurs that for sure.

7. Ayumi

[​IMG] Round 3 :eek:

Ghostar likes this.
  8. :wtf:

Sprites are nice, concept...
    Eh...

It doesn't suit Starbound. The entire feeling I get from it just seems weird and out of place, even for a game that doesn't take itself seriously.

ExplosiveCrate, EddyOkapi and Lawls like this.
  9. Ayumi

i dont see how it wouldnt fit into the game. We have ape people, fish people, bird people, people people, plant people ect.ect. and that just the playable races. This would be strickly Npc non playable characters I really cant see it not fitting in.

10. litlbear

litlbear Subatomic Cosmonaut

but does it mix

11. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Blend :)

12. Ayumi

Everything always blends if you get the right mixer

Sefercil likes this.
  13. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

A Blendtech is always good.

Sefercil likes this.
  14. It's difficult to explain. It doesn't suit Starbound, becuase they are centaurs, and they resemble fairy/pixie-esque centaurs, instead of ones that you think you would find in space(?).

Just like there shouldn't be sterotypical dragons, ogres, unicorns, vampires, gnolls, etc, there should, in my honest opinion, not be centaurs in the game.
    It doesn't suit the feel of the game, like the other races do.

15. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Did someone clone the Starbound part of your brain and put it in mine??

16. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

But arent these just NPCs, also by the looks of some of the random gen monsters Centaurs arent much of a stretch.

Great sprites by the way Ayumi, i like the colors and detail.

Ayumi likes this.
  17. NPCs are far more important than a randomly generated mob.

Also, yes, it IS a bit of a stretch. While some of those mobs may look silly, they all look like they're suited to Starbound.
    These do not. The feeling I get is wrong.

They might work in terraria, or a different game, but they do not fit Starbound.

18. Ayumi

You are entitled to your opinion. I believe that out of the hundereds of worlds to be genarated having a centaur or somthing similar isnt out of the ordinary. You dont think so and Im okay with that, I just dont agree, thats why I posted this thread, I think it fits. You dont have to defend your point. Thank you for your input.

Br4xxx and Darthkitten like this.
  19. TheGrayHunter

TheGrayHunter Master Chief

An interesting idea! Also, very well done art. I think the main reason why it might be taken as not fitting the theme is that it's something that is very much based on traditional (western) human mythology, which I would agree as being distinct and separate from the flavor of the game I've seen so far. While I do agree that centaurs are as entirely likely as monkey-men and poptops in a universe where life can take a million different forms, I suppose that the main critique is that it's just to... conventional?
    Regardless, you've done a great job with the art, and I look forward to seeing more from you!

But then again, we have a whole race of robots based on medieval western culture, so really, who knows!

Ayumi likes this.
  20. Ayumi

[​IMG] Different races as Centaurs.