Modding Help Celestial colors are way off how do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by North\WestTrees, Oct 29, 2019.

1. North\WestTrees

North\WestTrees Void-Bound Voyager

So the planet horizon and cockpit planet view are far off from what I want it to be, I have set the biome hue offset to 0 and it did not fix any issues so I am not sure what setting is causing this to happen or even where to try to fix the issue.

Here is what the horizon looks like right now.
    [​IMG]

I mean its nice colors they work oddly nice together but its not the look I am going for.

Below is what the horizon should look like.

[​IMG]

And the maskie1, 2, and 3 use the same colors as the second image.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this or better yet knows what the issue is please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I've never worked with the celestials before; so please bear with me.
    Would I be correct in assuming that:
    1 - You are making a new planet type.
    2 - You are patching new entries into the "/celestial.config"?

If you are willing to post the files that you are working on, then I could try to help you out.

3. North\WestTrees

Thanks for your reply sorry it took so long to get back you, I have been working hard on my YouTube channel.

To answer your questions:
    Yes, it's a new planet and yes for the patching of the celestiral.config.
    I have been using GitHub to keep things organized as well as allow people to see changes and such. You should be able to view all the files there.
    https://github.com/northwesttrees-gaming/Balanced-Asteroids-2

4. Zaakari

No problem.

What planet types have weird colours for you?
    Because when I travel to your two new planet types (gentle asteroid and temperate asteroid), I just see relatively plain brown planets.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  5. North\WestTrees

Please forgive me I am still new to GitHub, This is the first project I have used the GitHub database for. I just found out that do an extra step to publish it lol.

Those where the old horizon textures before I started to work on the custom masks and stuff.

I just published the GitHub workspace and double-checked to make sure it updated and it has the new textures.

The planet I am having issues with is the Frozen Asteroid, its found on frozen or Fiery stars.

The cockpit texture for the icon should be fine but when the ship flys into orbit the planet in the cockpit and it zooms in to the planet it will be the same colors as the horizon offset. I am not sure what the cause is though :/

Thank you for your patience and continued help :)

6. Zaakari

No worries; I make mistakes to.

I tried the mod again, and went to a frozen asteroid, but I am seeing the correct colours.
    Have you tried starting a new character and checking if the asteroid still has incorrect colours?

By the way, if you don't all ready have it, I highly recommend xaliber's mod: Optianal Erchius Mining Facility Quest, as you get to start with a repaired ship (very helpful for testing mods).

Attached Files:

7. North\WestTrees

That mod will be so useful to test the mods, thanks for letting me know about it.
    I have been using one progressed game save for all the testing, as I did not feel like going through the missions again, I have had other mods on that save in the past and have worked on at least two other mods, it could just be that save.
    I know that things like that can cause issues when testing things, should I back up and wipe the storage folder when working on the mods?

Thank you for your help it means a tone that you took the time to help me figure this issue out.

8. Zaakari

You're welcome. I'm glad that I have been able to help.

I would say that just creating a new character should be fine for testing new mods.
    But if you are worried about losing/corrupting your characters, then yes, definitely back them up.