1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Celestar Race 0.3.0 Upbeat Overhaul

This mod adds a vibrantly colorful race of extragalactic nomads to the game.

1. Auren

Auren Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Auren updated Celestar Race with a new update entry:

Food and Produce

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Auren

The default character creation interface appears to have been changed in the last game update which is resulting in any custom character creation interface mods being cut off at the sides so creating any new characters will sadly be either really difficult if not impossible until they're fixed.

3. Auren

Small Tweaks and Fabricator

4. Auren

Armor Pt. 1 - Helmets

5. Seredence

Seredence Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering how do you get the next tiered weapons for the Celestar. I have defeated a few bosses and nothing has come up for crafting or upgrading the weapon. Am I doing something wrong?

6. Auren

Hmm...I'm not entirely sure. I double checked the recipes and all weapons Tier 2 and up should show up at both the Metalwork Station and the Celestar Fabricator. I do know that some of the items don't always show up on the same item searches as the others due to certain words not being in the name/descriptions but so far I have been able to find all of them in my tests. First four tiers should at least show up under searches of "Runner's" "Courier" "Messenger" and "Precursor" respectively at least if they don't then something's probably broken somewhere.

I will try to do a test soon when I have a chance to see if I missed something.

7. Seredence

Seredence Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe it's because I couldn't find or craft the Fabricator?

8. Auren

I'm not sure about that. The fabricator should show up under the metalwork station with all of the other Tier 2 items. The only thing I can think of so far is to make sure you've also used the tiered map unlocks that become available after defeating each boss since a lot of items are automatically tied to those. If you've already done that then there may be another conflict with the mod I'm unaware of.

9. Auren

I apologize for a sudden lack of updates lately. I just got myself a brand new computer and have been working on getting everything on it caught back up to speed so I've had little time to work on the mod right now.

I've also gotten a little hung up on the rest of the armor designs. Sci Fi armor is not something I have had much experience with so coming up with unique and interesting designs is proving to be an interesting challenge.

10. Auren

Small Additions

11. Agoraphobian

Agoraphobian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there! Loving the race (they beat the Peglaci as my favorite), but I have a question concerning compatibility with the unstable version of starbound.
    I know this mod won't work with the unstable version (I recently changed over to the nightlies), but what if I were to change the celestar ship to one that IS compatible with it?

Would that allow your mod to work, or is it not that simple?

12. Auren

I'm honestly not sure what would be required in making it compatible yet. I don't normally mod with pre-test patches as I tend to break more stuff than I fix so I haven't gotten around to trying it with the new changes yet.

If you think you can get it to work with your game until I'm able to properly update it give it a shot. Otherwise I'll try to catch the mod up as quickly as I can once the patch drops officially.

13. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's unfortunate. *Bookmarks to wait for an update*.

14. etherealblade

etherealblade Phantasmal Quasar

I just want to say I love your mod and looking forward to the update to the new stable version upbeat giraffe.

15. Auren

I've been working on it when I can. Got lots of new stuff to merge and keep from breaking my game. I've adjusted the starting quest to match the new progression and have created layouts for the tiered ships, they just need aligning and actual designs now. Also looking through the new AI character to see what all I need to write/merge there. I still need to go through the armor stats too to make sure they're balanced with whatever changes have been made and I'll probably double check the weapons as well.

On the topic of armor and weapons: I am probably going to adjust some of the designs and names for some of the weapons. Nothing too extensive, just some minor touch-ups not to mention add the new staves. I'm also going to go into the Novakid files since they have actual tiered guns and I'm going to use them to add a set of tiered rifles to the available equipment themed around railguns. I'm also hoping to finish some actual armor designs since I've been kind of neglecting those so far. Have sketches for all 10 tiers and have about half of them finished now.

Oh, also I'm probably going to try and add custom hairstyles this time too. That way I don't ruin someone's character by giving them a bad haircut.

16. Auren

A little preview of the final armor designs. Moving on to interface updates to try and at least get the mod "playable" now.

First four are vanity clothing followed by the Tier 1 - 10 armors in order. The only outfit to avoid any sort of changes is the jumpsuit (#3).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  17. Agoraphobian

Aw yeah, lookin' good!
    Can't wait for that update!

18. Auren

Haha, whoops. I was going through the recipe scripts and realized I totally forgot about the new armor branches. I updated the preview image above with the changes. Green highlights gunnery focus, red highlights staff focus and purple highlights defense focus.

19. Auren

Another preview, this time for the newly added projectile/particle accelerator rifles (yay for tiered guns!). They were inspired by the classic sci fi railgun type weapons and codex entries will describe them using gravity fields to launch high-velocity projectiles/particle blasts. Like all my Celestar weapons the Tier 4 and higher versions will feature an energy effect rather than a standard physical attack.

I need to look into possible recoil and projectile speed changes if they're possible. I'm considering adding a slightly longer 'reload' time to them, but with the trade-off of having a really fast moving projectile.

[​IMG]
    In Order:
    • Tier 0, Tier 1
    • Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4
    • Tier 5, Tier 6, Tier 7
    • Tier 8, Tier 9, Tier 10
    The Tier 0 rifle is basically a broken/worn-out version of the Tier 4 'Precursor' rifle and will be one of two alternate starting weapons. The other starting weapon is going to be a 1 handed sword because I eventually want to make 'energy shields' to go with the swords, but I have to figure out if it's possible to do tiered shields first. If anyone knows how to make proper tiered shields I would love to learn how!

I'm fiddling with the new staff weapons too and they're interesting if anything. I want to theme Celestar staffs around 'breaking time' where they will summon a large area effect spell that adds a slow status effect while dealing periodic damage (slightly less than equivalent area staffs). I've also been reading that staffs fall behind other weapons near the upper tiers of gameplay so I might add in an end-game staff to keep them as a valid weapon choice.

I know it's taking a while for me to get this update out, and I apologize. I'm trying to make sure everything's been updated properly and works right. I'm also adding in some new stuff that I've been meaning to add for a while so there will be some new stuff to play around with that wasn't in earlier versions of the mod as well.

Current Upbeat Giraffe update status: ~70% complete.

Agoraphobian likes this.
  20. Agoraphobian

This is looking to be one hell of an update!
    Dis gon b gud!