RELEASED Cat and dog at the same time

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by keyten, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Abokado

Abokado Subatomic Cosmonaut

I tried changing that, but it didn't change their position next to the bowl. Neither the current nor the default. Also, the position of buildings is a different one, since the farm actually isn't 3000+ pixels big. But adding xtile this, ytile that didn't change anything, either. Kinda makes sense, since the pets are NPCs that move around randomly, so I looked at the villagers and they do have similar positions, but again, changing that didn't change anything and villagers are all over the place during the day as well. So in short, I have no idea. Maybe it's hardcoded in somewhere, that the pet is next to the water bowl? But I wouldn't know where to look, honestly, since I have no idea about these things.

tl;dr: changing their position nor adding the tile values from the farm (like in moving buildings) didn't do anything

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, pet's position is hardcoded. It is always near the bowl when you visit your farm during day and in a random location in the house during night.

Abokado likes this.
      • Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

Um. When i edit the file it doesn't stick, what should i be saving it as?
        Because if i just hit save nothing happens.

• pikachu594

pikachu594 Void-Bound Voyager

i cant find it in the file help

• nickelcurry

nickelcurry Subatomic Cosmonaut

Was anyone able to make the mod to have multiple types of dogs/cats for SMAPI? I'd love to have lots of dogs, but I'd want them all to be different because there are so many cute pet mods, haha.

• KieuQ

KieuQ Master Chief

Make sure Marnie gave you a pet.
              Press Ctrl + F, then find <NPC xsi:type="Dog"> or <NPC xsi:type="Cat">

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
              • BerrySmoothie

BerrySmoothie Big Damn Hero

i want a mod like that, too. hopefully someone does.. I would but I have little to no experience with mods or coding. haha. if anyone has, though, could they link it on this thread?

• artemi7

artemi7 Void-Bound Voyager

...Perhaps I'm dumb, but I'm trying to figure out how to change my cat into a dog for new pet purposes. However, I can't even FIND the file I'm suppose to be changing in the first place. What folder is it in? What's it called? I don't know what to look for, sorry...

• KieuQ

KieuQ Master Chief

Go to "%appdata%\StardewValley\Saves".
                    Open the folder [YourCharacterName]_[Numbers].
                    Open the file that has the same name as the folder with a note editor (I use notepad++).
                    Press Ctrl+F, find <NPC xsi:type="Cat"> then change it to <NPC xsi:type="Dog">.

(If you want to change the icon in your inventory to a dog.
                    Open both and find <catPerson>true</catPerson> in both files (the same name as the folder, and SaveGameInfo), then change it to <catPerson>false</catPerson>.
                    I don't know if you need to change the SaveGameInfo File)

• artemi7

artemi7 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly!

• raenevigil

raenevigil Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, so I'm experiencing a bug where I receive my pet on the 10th but when I name it, Marnie calls it 'the farm' and when the dialogue ends, there's no pet or record in the saves that I ever had a pet. Can this code be used to fix this and if so, where would I put it in the save file? Three games so far and all have had this issue and I'm not sure why. I'm very bad with coding so.. detailed instructions please if someone can help. ^_^

• KieuQ

KieuQ Master Chief

Back up your save in-case it fails.
                          Open your save File with a text editor(Same name as your save folder).
                          Press Ctr + F, then find <GameLocation xsi:type="Farm">
                          Paste the code right after <GameLocation xsi:type="Farm"><characters>CODE_HERE
                          If it looks like this <GameLocation xsi:type="Farm"><characters />, then replace it with <GameLocation xsi:type="Farm"><characters >CODE_HERE</characters>

raenevigil likes this.
                          • raenevigil

raenevigil Phantasmal Quasar

That did the trick, thanks!

• dem0z

dem0z Star Wrangler

OP can i add you to my game :3

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

i want mulitple different dogs D:

• CarbonCoal

CarbonCoal Void-Bound Voyager

Great mod! Now I can have as many pets as I want.

• Senpai Reda

Senpai Reda Void-Bound Voyager

haha found it!

• Chleiya

Chleiya Phantasmal Quasar

It worked! Thank you!

• Kiatsu

Kiatsu Industrial Terraformer

Yay! You found it! :rofl: I should keep a copy of this link somewhere... >.>;

And thanks again OP for doing this~ I wonder if there's a way to have more than 1 kind of dogs/cat. That'll be awesome~

Walknoot likes this.
                                        • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Why hasn't anyone done this yet?