1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Capture Pods

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by gg30433043, May 18, 2016.

1. gg30433043

gg30433043 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What can you catch with them? I caught a slug and a goldfish, but They can't fight. What Can I catch that can fight? (Im playing Nightly btw)

2. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Pretty sure in nightly you can catch anything. I don't know if they've implemented fighting pets in the current build, but any hostile monster you catch sould be able to fight.

3. gg30433043

No, Unforniatly you cannot just catch hostile monsters. I'm not sure about other monsters. But I think that you cannot get monsters that fight at this moment.

4. Shaadaris

I'm not sure about the exact mechanics but have you lowered their health? I don't think the success rate is 100% either...
    That said it's very possible it, like many other things in nightly, is broken. I'd say wait until 1.0, or at least Unstable, hits to mess around with that stuff.

5. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

The requirements to my knowledge is 50% health and any monster can be caught. I don't think all passive critters can be caught though.

6. gg30433043

oh :p I just threw it at any monster I saw, Derp. Ill try lowering health. What, is this Pokemon now?

7. Shaadaris

Well considering that's exactly what the pods were based off of... Yes.

8. Ceois

Ceois Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Usually I get the mobs to 1 bar of health. This way works every time

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk