Mob Capture pod evolution

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Froglord, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Froglord

Froglord Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

So you've caught the first little apple of your eye on some random planet. The little bugger, it does all your bidding, and kills for you unconditionally, yet what does it gain?

[​IMG]

As time roles by, you begin to notice your little freakish alien thing grow up to be the terrifying world ender you always dreamed it would become!

[​IMG]

Pretty soon, you have your own miniboss of your very own!

[​IMG]
    Congratulations, this monster is every space traveling genocidal maniac's dream come true! You're almost afraid to go out in public!

As per my suggestion, I suggest mobs change form after ranking high kill counts. It'd make pokemon so much more fun to play on starbound!

2. Aquias

Aquias Pangalactic Porcupine

Fun Idea. I like it.

3. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

How did you do the thing in the screenshots with your pet evolving?

4. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Meh, it would be cool but there should be a way to stop it, some people want to keep their cute little monster but still have it be useful and powerful.

5. Jahhirr

Jahhirr Void-Bound Voyager

Great, well it's cool mode like a *grow pet* i like it.

6. toby109tt

toby109tt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mmmn neh

7. mrtallyman

mrtallyman Starship Captain

dunno, would be hard too make a convincing "visual" progression for randomly generated monsters (unless the parts themselves are what progress), might be better off with something like a machine that can be used to change a monsters parts, abilities and stats manually.