Digital Captain's Starbound Artwork

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daikon Ocelot, May 30, 2019.

1. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

If that's a no clue then I'm a "no idea"...IT'S A MASTERPIECE!, A MASTERPIECE I TELL YE!!! MASTERPIEEEEEEEEEEEECEEEEE!!!! #@ O@ (parody from A.Time's unnaceptableeee)

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  2. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

The universe needs more cute things, thank you for fulfilling this sacred duty.

3. Catherine Franz

No cost too great...

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Intimidated
    [​IMG]
    Kaboom!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  5. Catherine Franz

Must be nice to have a person to play multi ; n;

6. Daikon Ocelot

Well, I use a LAN cable for multiplayer. No internet connection needed.

7. Catherine Franz

*Dies more inside*

8. Daikon Ocelot

Oh sorry, I don't mean to make you feel bad. So, what's the problem?

9. Catherine Franz

Ehehe imagine you want to play multi yet the one that's holding you back is your sh- ping...

10. Daikon Ocelot

Ping? Have you ask someone to fix it?

11. Catherine Franz

Oh it's on my end...my country's known for it's slow ping ; n;

12. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, sorry to hear that.

13. Daikon Ocelot

Summer Time!
    [​IMG]
    I hope you guys have a great summer this year.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    theflamingchuthulu and Tyle like this.
  14. Catherine Franz

That guy's about to get rekt by those two 'coz he's cheatin'!!!

15. Daikon Ocelot

Okay, I need to make these straight.

So, no one is going to get busted or caught cheating. Because the Aeginian girl in the left (dark green outfit) is actually, the Captain's (the guy) younger sister (wow, no one has ever thought about that, right). While for the Floran girl in the right (red outfit), well... yes... she actually have a crush on the Captain (the guy), but sadly, he doesn't really know it.

Psst... actually, these are some of the spoilers for the comic I planned.

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  16. Catherine Franz

A dense guy...now where have I seen* that before...? *flashbacks on infinite anime dudes*

17. Daikon Ocelot

Tesla
    [​IMG]
    What a dynamite gal!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  18. Daikon Ocelot

Barkbaleen
    [​IMG]
    It's a Floran-like whale. Don't worry they don't stab.

If you want to know more, I open an A.M.A about it here.

19. Daikon Ocelot

Hmm... alright, I think you don't have any idea on what you're going to ask (cause you might think this is just an avocado with a flower attached on it). Very well then, I'll just explain on what I've been thinking about it.

Flower Migration
    [​IMG]
    Okay, like what I said Barkbaleen is a whale, a Floran-like whale. They eat water, carbon dioxide and sunlight as their source of energy, and they burst cloud-like gases of oxygen out from the hole on top of them (the middle part of their flower) as their waste.

The Barkbaleen is a mammal, but can also be considered as a plant, because they have a reproduction organ of a plant. The male Barkbaleen can be identified by their dark skin color, while the female have a much more brighter skin color and are generally much bigger in size than the male.

The Barkbaleen do migration. But unlike a normal animal who migrates inside one planet, Barkbaleen migrate from one planet to another planet. The reason of their migration is because they are searching for a planet with more carbon dioxide in it and not too far from the star. So, when one planet is running out of carbon dioxide, they will bound to the stars in search for a new planet. That is why they tend to live in a planet with a high population in it.

Some fun facts about Barkbaleen:
    • They like to play with each other. Play chase and bursting each other with their cloud-like gasses. Sometimes, unfortunate spaceship can be targeted as their playing partner (a big bad news for the crew of the spaceship).
    • They also like to play catch, which makes a pretty reasonable reason for the word "bark" in their name. But the true reason of their name is because they have a bark-like belly.
    • Even though they look cute like a Floran (some people consider this as nuts), they have a terrifying combat capabilities. When angered, their huge size (much bigger than your spaceship, obviously) and their dual fang can tear down a spaceship in two parts and cause a severe damage on space station.
    • When sunlight is not present, they tend to sleep until it cames back (they sleep on the ground, and not floating in the air).
    • Baby Barkbaleen are called "Barkling."
    If you have more question about this creature I made, I would be happy to answer it.

theflamingchuthulu, Beatrice and Tyle like this.
  20. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

That looks fantastic! I love how friendly and loveable you designed them to be, and that pod of Barkbaleen flying together looks beautiful.

As for questions: How big do they get? How many kinds are there (are there subspecies that have different colors, flowers, general physical builds, etc.)? How common are they (do most explorers expect to see them fairly regularly, like pop-tops and the like, or are they a rare and memorable sight)? How smart are they? Has anyone ever tried domesticating a Barkbaleen?