1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Can't Update Dedicated Server to v724

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jangles8, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Jangles8

Jangles8 Space Hobo

So I'm running a dedicated server for me and my friends. Its hosted in a data center and is running on Windows server 2008 R2.

So far I've had no issues. I've been using SteamCMD to update and install my games. I was able to install starbound initially with SteamCMD, and update it the first patches the devs pushed by using the command "app_update 211820 validate". No problems there. But on Friday 7/30/2016 a new patch got pushed to my local client on steam which was about 700~mb in size. I believe this is v 724. I remoted into my windows server and proceeded to run my commands in steamCMD. It seemed to update very quickly, which was odd. This is because nothing updated. My server is still on 723. It is as if its not grabbing the update through SteamCMD. After this I tried deleting the starbound folder and re-installing it via steamCMD. It went very quickly again and it seemed to only grab the c++ redist. Which I already have installed. Any help would be much appreciated! My friends and I were have a great time on the server and love the game. :D