1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't Turn in ANY ores to Blacksmith

Discussion in 'Support' started by BaldurAnthology, Mar 14, 2016.

1. BaldurAnthology

BaldurAnthology Phantasmal Quasar

Every time I get a quest to "Bring X amount of Ores to Clint and you can keep them etc" I try talking to him with the ores in my inventory.. he won't finish quest. I try to give them to him, it gives him a single ore and he gets pissed at me saying that it makes him depressed. Tried selling them to his shop.. nothing. I don't know what he wants! How do I turn in the ores quests to Clint without him just getting pissed at me and not giving me the money he keeps promising for the amounts? Like it's not a big deal for me to get him the copper, I've got access to the Quarry and gone all the way to level 120 of the mines so I know that I can access copper easily..

• BaldurAnthology

And yes I have tried dropping them on the floor beside him... I am not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just not doing it right..

• kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

i dont know why but you have to freshly collect them in the mine
        the ores you already have wont work for this quest

• BaldurAnthology

I have... I've done that too and it still won't let me turn them in.. like i go specifically within the two day time limit to the mines and quarry, dig them up and go to give them to him and it still says "This makes me depressed" >_< I just stopped bothering doing the quests for him after a while cause no matter how many times i go down the mine and get all that copper.. or iron for him.. he won't ever pay up and I just get a ton of ore that I don't really need at the moment. I've got a silo built, deluxe barn, Deluxe Coop, my house has a Nursery in it, I have a stable, Greenhouse.. basically almost all farm buildings besides wells and the slime hutch.. so I rarely need metals for anything. My Pick is Iridium, Everything else is Gold.. and I don't care enough to get iridium for all my other tools. I don't even know what the point was of getting the Iridium pickaxe in comparison to the gold one.

Long story short, I wouldn't have posted this if it wasn't an issue... like I said I mine it all fresh and he still hates it.

• kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

thats very strange, it always worked for me this way
            i go into the mine, get all the ores i need, go to clint and talk to him *jingle* and quest is done

• BaldurAnthology

That's why I'm reporting this bug.. there should be a way to turn it more easily maybe?

• Morichinatsu

Morichinatsu Space Spelunker

How are you trying to give them to him? Over the counter or walking around behind him?

• BaldurAnthology

Did you read what I wrote earlier? I said I tried everything. Shop, going to him directly and talking to him. Talking to him outside the shop. Giving it to him as a present. Drop it at his feet. EVERYTHING.

• Morichinatsu

Morichinatsu Space Spelunker

You had simply said that you tried talking to him, not the different ways you had tried talking to him. I did read what you wrote earlier, I'm simply trying to help and the best way to give help is ask questions and get specifics.

• BaldurAnthology

Sorry... i just really l.ike this game and this issue is making me snappish.. >_<

TO clarify.

I have walked behind to speak to him. I have spoken to his counter. I have dropped the items at his feet. I have tried gifting them to him. I have used both stored copper and freshly mined copper to try and turn this quest in. I have tried talking to him outside of the shop and inside of the shop and every time he either doesn't acknowledge the ores or he says they make him depressed (if I try to gift them to him) I can sell them to him but the quest doesn't finish.. even if I do get some cash from it. Hopefully this answers all your questions.

• BaldurAnthology

I'm in Spring of Year Three, I need exactly 2 fish to finish the Community Center. My Journal is completely empty. I'm sitting on at least a hundred thousand dollars from ancient fruits and gems and other crops from the crystalariums I have and the constant grow crops in my greenhouse. I've gotten to level 25 at least of the Skull caverns, and to 120 of the mines. I have the rusty key for the sewers and I have caught the mutated carp. I've done well for myself in a week or two I think :D