Modding Help Can't talk to Shane anymore

Discussion in 'Mods' started by FeebleKile, Apr 15, 2019.

1. FeebleKile

FeebleKile Void-Bound Voyager

These are the most recent mods I've installed

upload_2019-4-14_20-38-54.png
    minus EntoaroxFramework (I deleted it after using it to fix something with another mod) and Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits (CP) which I have chilling somewhere else cause it was the first thing I thought was causing it.

I know the last one, Immersive Characters looks likely, but I've had it installed for a while and hadn't had problems till now.

What basically happens is I click on him to talk to him and it just skips it, my toolbar flashes like the dialog box popped up but it just happens for a spilt-second. And then I can't talk to him. (Its no one else but him I believe, I can talk to Marnie and Jas just fine.)

I'm not sure what do besides maybe reloading a save prior to installing Karmylla's mod.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey FeebleKile!

You'll be happy to know that it isn't my mod that is causing this issue!
      This happens because of misspellings in the dialogue code, and my mod doesn't edit any dialogue!
      So:

1. make note of the day you talked with Shane and his dialogue wouldn't load

2. check all the mods you have installed that edit Shane's dialogue, and find the line that loads the dialogue to that specific day

3. If you know what you are doing, you'll be able to fix the code, save, and see if it's working fine in game; if you need help, you can always copy that line of code and share it here, so the community can check it out and see what is wrong!

Though, if this issue happens on more than one day, it might be something else, but it doesn't hurt to check that specific line of code as well, to see if there aren't any bugs!

Hope this helps!!!

• FeebleKile

My apologies Karmylla, it was due to the Immersive Character mod, its the only one I have that should affect him and when I toggle off the dialog changes in the config, the bug stopped.

It happened on a Monday and a Tuesday, but searching those days in the content file don't really lead to anything

upload_2019-4-15_20-43-20.png
        upload_2019-4-15_20-55-0.png

I'm still pretty new so I don't really know what I'm looking at but I have a feeling the issue lies somewhere in the DailyDialog section (since I'm not married to him yet) but I have no clue how to find it.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• FeebleKile

@Moragaine I sent off a report, hopefully, they can help me with the issue