1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't start microsoft 7 steam version

Discussion in 'Support' started by GrumpyGrampaKoala, Jul 2, 2019.

1. GrumpyGrampaKoala

GrumpyGrampaKoala Space Hobo

Any help would be appreciated. When I start the game through steam. My username goes green indicating I'm in game then it goes back to blue. Besides that nothing happens. The game does not turn on at all. I've gone into error logs and this is what it gives me

InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at new[](UInt32 )
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.AllocateArrayAndReadFile(String filename, Void** ppData, UInt32* pdwBufferSize)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaveBank.CreateHandle(UInt32 hEngine, String string, Int32 length, IntPtr& pCleanup)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1180
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 146

I've already downloaded and reinstalled Xna framework multiple times each time not working.
    I've also tried everything besides the scorch earth method that is listed that helps with starting the game that is in THIS THREAD.

If anybody has any ideas on how to get it running I would appreciate it