1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't save my game

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jellyfishdotorg, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Jellyfishdotorg

Jellyfishdotorg Void-Bound Voyager

So my game works well when I'm playing, but whenever I try to go to sleep and save, my game freezes up and I get an error message on my log. I've tried removing various mods but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

https://smapi.io/log/08ee6a33ad404fe690166fe86b40b711

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm, looks like some kind of invalid object in the save file. Did you have any custom object mods that you removed?

• Jellyfishdotorg

From what I can tell, I don't think so. Not anything I didn't try to re-add to my game anyway

• catstar8

catstar8 Void-Bound Voyager

I think the corrupted item is in one of your sheds--can you remember/list what items are in there?

• Jellyfishdotorg

Ok so I'm pretty sure I found the problem but I don't know how to fix it. In my shed, I have jars of honey that I can't click on, and my functioning honey has buggy names (ie. Breakfast sandwich honey, walnut sapling honey). I also have CBJ item spawner and on there the honey names are correct. I've been checking through my downloaded mods but I can't remember any mods that add flowers that I haven't already re-installed. I'm looking through my mods folder but I'm still not sure what to do.

Edit: I found an old log of mine from before this when I was having an unrelated issue. I'm looking through it for discrepancies in the loaded mods. https://smapi.io/log/c4c5c4b16e294b95a61bcb89e350e364

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
            • catstar8

catstar8 Void-Bound Voyager

sounds like JA ID scrambling. there isn't an easy fix, but you can try downloading Carry Chest, picking up the chests with bugged honey in them, and throwing them in the river or something to get rid of them.