Cant Play my Modded Game anymore

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SVFarmRanch, Sep 19, 2017.

1. SVFarmRanch

SVFarmRanch Void-Bound Voyager

Hi all, Ive looked over some of the posts dealing with the mods and the recent update. I have enjoyed playing my modded game so much but after the last update, nothing works anymore. I tried so many Smapi and deleted the mod folder over and over, reinstalled mod, reinstall smapi, its a mind blower!!! I have tried this myself but now need hand holding assistance. I would love to play my 3 yr modded character again but when i sign on to her, non of the mods are working. Helps! :-s

I wouldnt mind starting all over again, no i wouldnt, as long as the mods work. I had a hard time understanding them at first but i got the hang of them and enjoyed how they made my game work so much better. I can remember my fav, the time change one, that allowed you to slow down the time or speed it up, and there was another called Lookup Everything, i loved that one so much cause you can see who you gifted or who needed to be spoken to and how many hearts they have. Also I had a refrigerator mod, that gave me 4 pages of spaces to place items! So you see i am really missing these mods. Since the major update a while ago I cannot play the mods, i no longer get the dos window showing the mods initializing, and errors to update. It just goes straight to the game. I have steam and yes I did make sure it launched the api.exe for the mods. I think I just need someone who can help me uninstall and reinstall so that the mods will run again. Kinda walk me thru the instructions so im sure that what i am doing is correctly done. Id really appreciate it!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

The Extended Fridge mod is currently being worked on, but is out of date. Try Expanded Fridge, instead.

Lookup Everything works fine in its latest release. I use it, myself.

If you just run SMAPI without any mods, does it load properly? You should have one text on your loading screen, not yellow or red. If you have either yellow or red, go to the SMAPI thread, and post there about the problem. Some should be able to help you. Best of luck. :)

• SVFarmRanch

SVFarmRanch Void-Bound Voyager

thank you for the assistance. I no longer get the window that pops up telling you that mods are installed and ok. I used to when they worked. Thats how i know they are not working. No DOS window pops up. (im old school)
        I would like to just start over with a new character from the beginning but able to use mods. I tried deleting from steam and deleting the stardew folder, along with the mod folder. Then reinstalling the game, then the smapi for the mod. Problem is that authors of the mods use diff smapi, so one that works for one wont work for another, so you have to install more smapi. I think that I have so many that my computer is confused as to which one works with which mod, i know i am. Can ya help with that? I installed the latest smapi 1.15.4 and still the mods wont work. I go into the game and check to see if Lookup Anything works, it doesnt. I dont know what else to do. other than not playing the game with mods.

Um, i have run Smapi and before it showed errors that pointed to the mod not being installed and such. I deleted the mod folder and tried to run steam with the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" in the launch command. It went straight into the game, no DOS window pop up. and of course the mods are not working.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

If the SMAPI DOS window isn't showing up, then it sounds as though your SMAPI installation is at fault. Try posting about your problem in the SMAPI thread, as I suggested earlier. SMAPI's developer is still active there.