1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't play co-op with friend

Discussion in 'Support' started by onstrangerwaves, Aug 1, 2018.

1. onstrangerwaves

onstrangerwaves Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So the update went live a little while ago and I'm unable to play co-op with my friend. Both of us are using Steam and neither of us played the beta. Friend's game crashes when they host and I join, or when I'm hosting and they're joining. We've tried connecting using the invite code but that gets us a "connection failed" message. Any ideas what's wrong or is this something that might be patched soon?

Aquariae likes this.
    • thmtrxhsu

thmtrxhsu Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting circumstance. First make sure game versions are exactly the same for both systems. Second make sure the OS is exactly the same for both systems. Third unless steam on both systems, create new admin account, reinstall steam and stardew all on both systems. A firewall issue would not give that result; I hardly think; prove me wrong by turning both off and no longer having the crash. Either the Stardew are intercommunicating because of a version difference or a bad system configuration (or poison tweak) on both system is causing the issue. Nothing else is possible or in the least probable.