1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't open the game on Steam

Discussion in 'Support' started by Juh-01, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Juh-01

Juh-01 Space Hobo

Hi! Since yesterday I've tried to play the game and it simply doesn't start!

I reinstalled steam, the game, I've cleaned my cache and etc. All the other games on Steam open, but Stardew Valley doesn't.
    I'm desperate! I even put the beta avaiable on Steam to see if this was the problem, but nothing worked.
    When I try to launch the game, it seems it will open, but nothing happens. I've already checked my open processes in the PC's task manager and nothing.

I really need help!

Thanks in advance.

schuh and Rachy like this.
    • Rachy

Rachy Void-Bound Voyager

Are you using another graphics card?
      You could try to launch the game with other graphic card in your PC.
      Try this:
      Open the files from steam clicking in properties>local files...
      Go to the .exe and press "Start using another graphics card" or something like that.
      In my laptop, i had the Nvidia one and the Sony predeterminated card, i tried both and seems like Nvidia was giving me problems.
      Then you should be able to open the game with the one that works...anyways Steam wont open if you do that so u must click "Change my predeterminated graphics card" or something like that.
      A window should appear with the name of your graphic card creator (Nvida,Intel...) and in the middle should be Stardew valley.
      Below that is the graphic card that is giving you problems, you change it to the one that worked before and try opening it with Steam, everything should work fine.
      Best Regards. (And sorry for my English)

• Juh-01

Juh-01 Space Hobo

Unfortunately I can't do that since my CPU is an AMD FX 6300 and it doesn't have any GPU onboard. Guess I'll have to wait Stardew Valley solve this problem with NVIDIA's GPU.

• schuh

schuh Space Hobo

I have the same problem...