1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Can't open Starbound at all

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by FuzzyIggyPoyo, Aug 27, 2016.

1. FuzzyIggyPoyo

FuzzyIggyPoyo Void-Bound Voyager

So I haven't played in a while and I decided to get on again. I tried opening it up and I always get this error message. Fatal Exception caught (ApplicationException) Application threw exception during startup. I'm not sure what to do and I would really like to play, so any help would be appreciated.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach a copy of your starbound.log

~ Iris ~

3. FuzzyIggyPoyo

Sorry I'm kinda new to this stuff. Is this the right document?

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

It must be the storage folder not giraffe_storage. You posted a log from february ^^'

~ Iris ~

5. FuzzyIggyPoyo

Oops sorry bout that. This should be the right one then.

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

Uhm... :eek: Either you're missing the whole assets or your assets file is extremly corrupted. Also remove any mod files in the assets folder. They belong in the mods folder. Try verifying your gamefiles with the client of the platform you purchased starbound.

~ Iris ~

7. FuzzyIggyPoyo

Holy moly somehow it worked. Looks like my asset folder just need to be deleted and downloaded again. Thank you for all your help! :rainbow:

8. FuzzyIggyPoyo

Well for some reason my reply didn't show up but whatever. Anyways thanks for the help! It started working once I downloaded the asset folder.

9. Iris Blanche

Happy starbounding >v<

~ Iris ~