1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Can't Leave Ship!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nemo000, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Nemo000

Nemo000 Void-Bound Voyager

whenever i try to beam down to the planet below my game quits out and crashes. What should I do?

I've tried restarting steam and my computer. I scared if I uninstall starbound it'll lose all my progress and maybe not even fix the issue.

I made a new character and it seem to have work or at least for the ten minutes I tested it out.

But as soon as I went back to my other character it crashed probably 10 seconds after I beamed down. Progress???

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2019
  2. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this occur on only one planet, or just that particular one you're trying to beam down to?

It's possibly something mod-related. If you've uninstalled a mod recently, and the planet below is still trying to load modded assets of any kind, that could be the culprit. There could be a problem with a mod you've recently installed, or a conflict between mods.

If you've built a base on that planet, try to reinstall any mods you've recently uninstalled, or else uninstall any new mods you've recently installed. Otherwise, simply FTL traveling a screen or two in any direction you haven't been yet will produce fresh star systems "untainted" by uninstalled mods.