1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice CAN'T LAUNCH STARBOUND? Read this!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. freAK47

freAK47 Space Hobo

To all those that look at this post and eventually see me,

Turn off all your overlays. Steam, Discord, even your graphics programs like I had for GeForce Experience.

I was about 10 minutes from getting a refund on steam and giving up on the game before trying this and it works consistantly.

2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

em pretty sure it's just discord...no need to exaggerate...

3. Jim Witness

Jim Witness Subatomic Cosmonaut

When I try to launch the game via Steam, it crashes shortly after launch, both 64 and 32 bit versions.

Attached Files:

4. Catherine Franz

Have you tried turning off discord overlay?

5. Jim Witness

I don't know how.

Attached Files:

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You have 435 mods... why?

As for the log, it says you have duplicate IDs for "icescroll". Good luck finding those mods to fix that...

7. Jim Witness

Well, it only took a total wipe of my universe, and the deletion of all my characters, but I fixed the issue with your help.

Apparently, Discord had nothing to do with it. I checked.

No real worry about the losses. It hurt to do it, but I needed to reset my game anyways. Oh well.

Attached Files:

8. Unit502

Unit502 Intergalactic Tourist

My game keeps crashing at the Chucklefish logo when I boot up the game. I haven't got any error messages from the game and my pc says it jut not responding. Is it possible for me to send someone a copy of my game files so that they can see what going on?

9. Catherine Franz

send the log like the others (look at steam and look for that starbound log)

10. Unit502

Its saying The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

is their another way i could give you the files?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2019
  11. SSJMichael29

SSJMichael29 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

_CommonRedist folder missing

12. Unit502

what do you mean?

13. SSJMichael29

When I freshly installed Starbound through steam that folder never showed up...it wont launch, not even through Admin. So I used a backup I had saved and I received a message.

Attached Files:

14. Unit502

i am missing that file how do i get it back

15. SSJMichael29

Not sure. I deleted all of my starbound content and reinstalled it fresh but that folder is still missing.

16. Unit502

yeah same i never got the error message tho

17. SSJMichael29

I used a backup folder of the game that had the _CommonRedist folder in it, then went to the win64 folder, right clicked on the starbound.exe file and started it with admin permission. It launched the chucklefish but then showed the errors. I am looking around for solutions.

Attached Files:

18. SSJMichael29

Help. Game won't launch. Run as admin, turned off all overlays...help

Attached Files:

19. AikenTheWolf

AikenTheWolf Space Hobo

Every time I try to launch Starbound Via steam, the "chucklefish" startup plays, but then after playing, the logo stays up, the game immediately becoming unresponsive, I have an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630. I've tried all the fixes that have been posted, none working, the game isn't outputting an error code.

20. Hisekin

Hisekin Guest

I'm getting the OpenGL 2.0 error even with the updated drivers.

I just recently picked up a computer with an I5 7400. The integrated motherboard is the IntelĀ® HD Graphics 630 and Intel's own page says that OpenGL 4.5 supports. I do not understand why I'm getting the OpenGL 2.0 error when opening Starbound.

Can anybody help me?