1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/help/

Discussion in 'Support' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ArenMoto

ArenMoto Space Hobo

I'm having issues installing the steam version. It goes to 100% installed before it pauses, and when I attempt to open the game or resume it this message pops up.
  2. whatalovelydisaster

whatalovelydisaster Void-Bound Voyager

I still can't launch :(

things I've tried so far:
    Everything in the usual "can't launch? Suggestion posts"
    Removing all mods and un-re-installing
    Deleting the starbound folder, reinstalling
    Verifying thru steam
    Launching from inside the folder
    updating drivers
    disabling triple buffering

Here's the error I'm getting: http://imgur.com/a/VGVVs
    Here's the log; https://pastebin.com/qu0XqSuc
    Another log https://pastebin.com/ud04CUgD

Hopefully someone can help me, I love starbound and I want to play it again :(
  3. Dariel92

Dariel92 Void-Bound Voyager

При запуске игры выдает ошибку.

Attached Files:

4. Kfiat

Kfiat Master Chief

Nobody help us guys :'(
    whatalovelydisaster likes this.
  5. GeneralBaB

GeneralBaB Void-Bound Voyager

I use the shortcut but nothing happens. No loading, no opening, no error, just nothing. The only way it opens is to Ctrl-Alt-Dlt the whole computer and start over. There must be a better way to run the application? I am on Windows. Edit: when I check settings, it says starbound is 'unavailable.'
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  6. Dr. Omega

Dr. Omega Void-Bound Voyager

I keep getting this message in the log. If anyone knows what it means, please tell me!

[17:07:32.865] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (JsonException) Improper conversion to int from object
    [0] bb7c0a
    [1] bb6a08
    [2] b6450b
    [3] b702ac
    [4] b6b0dc
    [5] bfcd9d
    [6] bfe4f2
    [7] bfd8cd
    [8] bfe626
    [9] bfd9d4
    [10] bfd33f
    [11] bfba06
    [12] bfbba8
    [13] bfe239
    [14] bfd8cd
    [15] bfdfad
    [16] bfdb3f
    [17] bfd33f
    [18] bfba06
    [19] bfbba8
    [20] bfe239
    [21] bfd8cd
    [22] bfd33f
    [23] bfba06
    [24] bfbba8
    [25] bfe239
    [26] bfd8cd
    [27] bfdfad
    [28] bfc6e2
    [29] e756a4
    [30] e7a373
    [31] e6d6d6
    [32] e70296
    [33] e6e646
    [34] e7c70a
    [35] e7b23a
    [36] e71524
    [37] e708ac
    [38] e7dacb
    [39] e6dbdb
    [40] e7026b
    [41] e6e5d9
    [42] e6dc4c
    [43] e6d684
    [44] e7c6b3
    [45] baf8be
    [46] bb02c2
    [47] bb4a6c
    [48] 76b6ef8c BaseThreadInitThunk
    [49] 7710367a RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    [50] 7710364d RtlInitializeExceptionChain
  7. Icoria

Icoria Void-Bound Voyager

I'm just gonna leave it at "This games sucks" and is not worth the money I spent on it. wth this many people play the game and there is no working solution. What a f******* scam. I am really disappointed with this game. I have uninstalled COUNTLESS times, tried EVERYTHING. I am a freaking computer scientist as a major and even I am getting extremely frustrated with this. I am so done :zzz:
  8. Kfiat

Kfiat Master Chief

9. Travis Nakasato

Travis Nakasato Intergalactic Tourist

I use Windows 10. I recently tried opening starbound and it started as usual: The Chucklefish logo and it's signature laugh. However, immediately after, the game closed. No error message, no nothing. I re-installed Visual +++2015, but it didn't do much. (I think.) I tried deleting the starbound folder, but that resulted in security issues where I was rejected despite having permissions. I investigated by trying to delete the folders in the starbound folder and I was met with the same security messages. Then, I clicked a folder. I got an error message and it appears that whatever was in the folder no longer exists. I also tried editing the security info on the folders, but it said I need Read permissions, which I didn't have for some reason. I hope someone else has a solution to this, as my problem seems unique. The folders that have security issues are as follows: 2015(fixed? the folder disappeared...), docs, tile, win64, _CommonRedist, and vcredist.
  10. Travis Nakasato

Travis Nakasato Intergalactic Tourist

11. ThePlays

ThePlays Intergalactic Tourist

Hey won't work with disabled Steam-Overlay. (Using OS X)
    What should i do?
  12. jedrockin3

jedrockin3 Void-Bound Voyager

It just stops responding even before the chucklefish logo
  13. UltimateCatTree

UltimateCatTree Intergalactic Tourist

[​IMG] I've been having the issue where the window pops up but doesnt load the chucklefish logo and goes straight into unresponsive.

14. Wickerson

Wickerson Space Spelunker

This is a HUGE problem!

I have the same problem, it started when I tried to join a friend's game who had mods that i didn't. Now Starbound crashes/freezes at the Chucklefish splash screen.

I can sometimes get around it by restarting my computer, does this work for anyone else?

So getting Starbound to work is a real pain, but (sometimes) I can get it to work by following these steps:

1. restart computer
    2. launch steam
    3. close steam
    4. launch steam again
    5. launch Starbound
    6. cross fingers
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  15. Kfiat

Kfiat Master Chief

Starbound is working!!!!
  16. Kyle123

Kyle123 Space Hobo

help im haveing a startup crash and i really want to play starbound here is a a thing https://pastebin.com/q8vgBDGN also to contact me the best way go to my steam its Leafeon_Kyle me and my friend need help

please i WANT TO PLAYYYY
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2017
  17. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche The void Forum Moderator

The quest id "fuquest_clothingfabricator" is defined twice. So deffo a modding issue on your side. Most likely Frackin Universe so i'd ask in the modding discussion for support here.

Also avoid double posting. I merged your posts.

Iris Blanche
  18. Kyle123

Kyle123 Space Hobo

is their a way i can reboot my game so it is like when i first bought it? i need to know how because me and my friend are haveing the same problem:unsure:

Edit:never mind i found out why it was a out dated mod that was makeing me crash thanks anyway

but i need to do the game all over again sadly
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  19. anastiel

anastiel Yeah, You!

I'm in trouble, my game does not start with steam, it opens the black screen and closes, if I open the directory
    C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Starbound \ win64 does it work anyone know why it does not work with steam? I'm not using mods
    have solution?
    my starbound.config
    my starbound.log
    and other error
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  20. anastiel

anastiel Yeah, You!